DDM4000 vs Ecler Nuo-4 vs PCV-275
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default DDM4000 vs Ecler Nuo-4 vs PCV-275

I mostly mix using 3 main channels, and will be using a 4th deck in Traktor w/ my Audio8 for samples (keep in mind I can route multiple decks to 1 audio channel in TP2). I'm getting a Kontrol X1 very soon, regardless of my mixer purchase. I will be mixing weekly at my new residency club
    Sooo......

DDM4000: I've owned the DDM and know its capabilities (esp to adjust eq bands), but one thing I didnt like was that the pots felt cheap, really had no center detent.

Ecler Nuo-4: NOT the 4.0, much higher build quality than the others? and I like the idea of fat knobs, plus it has MIDI too; But, I've heard that the frequency range for the MID eq knob is wide and takes some getting used to.

PCV-275 Rotary: can't find much info except about its awesome build quality. I like that I can find a rotary version. Good sound quality?

Any input? especially from Nuo owners

BTW: I can get all three for about the same price.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

I have a 3.0. The mid knob is pretty wide, but when it comes to the quality of the mixers I would say the Nuo is definitely worth it.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    I have a 3.0. The mid knob is pretty wide, but when it comes to the quality of the mixers I would say the Nuo is definitely worth it.
    I've also heard that the knobs are cheap plastic feeling, I figured they'd be more like the injected encoders on an X1 or something.. what do you think?

I went for the 3.0 too. You wont regret it.
    I have had quite a few accomplished DJ's use it and they've been converted. The faders are like butter, the pots are smooth and sweet to use too.

As far as the 4 goes, theyre very expensive now and quite rare. Dont they communicate through the old midi connection? Not sure how much of a headache that'll be. Do you really need the midi? Sure its nice to have, but if you play out on other peoples gear you wont have all the controls youre used to. Stick to the X1, you can easily transport that after all.

Theyre all built like tanks and sound like heaven. Get one.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Why not go for a used Pioneer DJM700 for about the same price? Seen them go on eBay recently for about £400 (where DDM4000 is £300 odd new and Ecler is about £450 new - based on UK prices obviously).
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    As far as the 4 goes, theyre very expensive now and quite rare.
    Didn't know about this! How much are they, because I happen to have one not being used for anything but collecting dust?

Tech Guru

Yeah I'm really feelin the Nuo4, the DDM doesn't get beat on features but it does on physical build quality which isn't horrible, but not great either.

I'm supposed to pick it up at the end of the week. Hope it happens, since I'm waiting on the seller's phone call.

I can pretty much get the PCV-275 in good condition, with a Road Ready case for $200, which is the reason I'm considering it.

Even without the use/necessity of MIDI on the mixer, the sound quality is supposed to be much better from the Ecler than the other two, right?

So in this case, an extra channel or features wouldn't hurt if it's pretty much the same price.

Tech Mentor

Ecler anything will blow any of those others listed for sound quality. I regret selling mine sometimes.. I am not sure about the midi mapping on the Ecler's , but the DDM4000 is pretty flexible and well laid out. Don't let the brand name fool you, I have yet to hear a bad review on the DDM4000.

Quote Originally Posted by NewManSoon View Post
    the DDM4000 is pretty flexible and well laid out. Don't let the brand name fool you, I have yet to hear a bad review on the DDM4000.
    I disagree about it being well laid out. The headphone jack in the middle of the mixer is just stupid. I bought an L-plug for it and it still blows. It's got a hell of a lot of features for the price but I don't bother with most of them because they're poorly implemented. The sampler is a good idea in theory but it's got to be the most difficult sampler I've used in terms of timing, and the buttons are a chore rather than a joy to mash. The effects are meh... OK with the filters and flanger but not so much on the others, and the interface is counterintuitive. If you're using traktor you won't want to bother with the effects on this unit anyway. But the worst thing of all is the blinding purple lights on the top of the mixer. I had to cover them with little pieces of duct tape just to use the thing.

All that said, it's a LOT of mixer for the cost. But I know I'm just delaying a far more expensive purchase....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Guru

[/QUOTE]All that said, it's a LOT of mixer for the cost. But I know I'm just delaying a far more expensive purchase....[/QUOTE]

yeah I always told myself that if I had the money for an Ecler I would buy it, and now here I am being cheap lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast