Ableton Low as hell volume w/DJIO or Built in.
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Ableton Low as hell volume w/DJIO or Built in.

So I picked up a Numark DJIO, sounds damn loud in Traktor with volume set at -12db's blowing the head off me, but in Ableton the volume just sucks for both cueing and output (same for built in card as well).

Any Ideas guys on keeping a nice clean signal with plenty of headroom (without distorting things like fcuk).

BTW there is no volume controls in the Audio/midi, no Audio controls on the Numark driver panel which I'd hoped for and I'm running SL.

Cheers

Even with all your levels up in ableton? That's odd.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Yep.

Its mainly the Dry Cue Volume is the issue as I can boost the master output on a mixer when I'm gigging. If I turn the cue volume more that around 3 o'clock it gets louder ok, but distorts like hell, try cranking the track gain instead same issue, so its Definitely the output Vol from Ableton rather than the cards fault ?

Does Ableton set the max output on the soundcard at <0db perhaps (being a production tool) where Traktor runs in the + numbers. I reckon theres about +-15db in the difference ? - Just a thought

I know a simple solution is to use 2 channels on the club mixer (one for cue one for output) rather than one to boost the signal, but it'd be nice just to be able to use the HP output on the DJIO and save running and possibly needing to unplug an extra cable somewhere.

Its like the levels are just not running as "hot" in Ableton as through Traktor. The volume in Traktor on both master and cue would kill a small animal at 3ft though the headphones!!

Cueing in a loud gig = nightmare.
    Last edited by deevey; 04-27-2011 at 03:36 PM.