USB turntables

Thread: USB turntables

Tech Convert

Default USB turntables

Hello,
    I wonder why nobody mentioned usb turntables yet. As far as I know there are currently 2 of them:
    Vestax Guber CM-02 and CM-01 USB - unfortunately in japanese
    Sony PS-LX300USB
    Generaly there are made for ripping your vinyls into mp3 format, but what about DJ's ? I think that there will be some drivers made by programmers which will make those devices more "Traktor - friendly" or maybe even transform them into final scratch like devices. Anyway we have to wait for more powerful devices because those two look like they would break after few seconds of scratching

I am having a hard time finding out if either of these usb devices support ASIO or not. If not that makes the USB connection fairly useless.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Numark has their TTXUSB also.

As far as I know the USB function is only for streaming audio into the computer for recording, not for anything else. There is not software control or sound card use. Which is why, with Traktor Scratch, it makes no sense to get a USB turntable.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I agree with DvlsAdvct. Streaming and ripping only.

You however also might want to check the Stanton T.90c USB.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

I can't believe that companies which are making only or mostly DJ stuff would make USB turntable only for ripping. Of course till now they can be used only for that but next versions have to be more useful.