help needed, duo with other guy, 2 pc sync.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default help needed, duo with other guy, 2 pc sync.

So,on august i'm going to play a duo with a guy, first time i'm going to do this, i was thinkink, how we can have both traktor in sync with 2 separate pcs?
    my setup
    vci arcade
    launchpad
    traktor 2 pro
    audio 2 dj
    hp

his setup
    hercules mk4
    lpd8
    mpk mini
    traktor pro 1
    mbp

we cant use one pc for different settings and programs, and i was wondering if there is a way for playing with 2 pc.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

the only way to sync two pc´s is via midi cable. but you´re a2 has no midi i/o and i don´t know what your buddy uses as his interface.
    me and my buddy just whatch on the other ones bpm and sync manually to the beat, that works quite well!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Or you can send midi over ethernet. There are a couple of tools on the internet to do this. Google is your friend on that one...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Guru

if your midi controllers have proper midi in's and outs you could use a midi cable between them, otherwise your looking at OSC or midi over ethernet

this might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRNQ...el_video_title
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

thanks everyone, ya midiclock with this soundcard isn't possible, i'll try to find that ethernet solution!
    8D
    or beatmatch manually, not a big problem, but with sync with that guy was simpler.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

Tech Mentor

one thing i like about the s4 is you can midi sync with another one easy peasey. can you sync more than 2 pcs together? like 3?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    one thing i like about the s4 is you can midi sync with another one easy peasey. can you sync more than 2 pcs together? like 3?
    in theory yes you can sync as many as you like, however it would be easier with OSC rather than midi
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CionniAsDj View Post
    thanks everyone, ya midiclock with this soundcard isn't possible, i'll try to find that ethernet solution!
    8D
    or beatmatch manually, not a big problem, but with sync with that guy was simpler.
    but is it possible with your controllers? i dont use the controllers you have, but there is no reason why you cannot send midi clock using the controller midi in and outs on each controller, if they have the standard 5pin sockets

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    but is it possible with your controllers? i dont use the controllers you have, but there is no reason why you cannot send midi clock using the controller midi in and outs on each controller, if they have the standard 5pin sockets
    nope, vci hasn't a midi out, i'll try to learn something on OSC, in the meanwhile i'm gonna test midi clock over ethernet

Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    Or you can send midi over ethernet. There are a couple of tools on the internet to do this. Google is your friend on that one...
    I managed out how to send midi from pc to ma usino the Default midi audio of the Mac, so thanks for the hint!!

Now another question, i got a mixer at home, that i'm not using, we can plug our RCA in 2 chanel of this mixer and the Connect to the audio club.
    But i was thinking of a way for not using it, because there Will be too much gear to bring.
    There is a way to merge our RCA cables in one, so we can plug in a chanel of the club mixer and not use all the 2 decks chanel?( a guy playing Cdj is after us, and then we're going to play another time at last, after another Cdj duo, so we can't use Cdj chanels)

Soundcloud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast