First time with S4 and MBP=D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default First time with S4 and MBP=D

Hi again peeps, i used S4 for about 2 months now with my win computer, today i got a MBP But i never used a Mac before, but i got very good computer skills when it comes to win pc's.

So my question is, since i got my first gig with it tomorrow, what should i do to preper for tomorrow? Turn of wifi and BT ofcourse but is there anything else?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Not really, maybe make sure time machine is turned off.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Just make sure your latency's ok, but I doubt you'll have any issues. You know what they say, they just work.

tbh i've never bothered turning off my wifi, never had a problem with it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I stream my show over wifi, using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to chat in multiple windows while I'm playing. I've never had a problem, and my MBP is not anywhere near current top of the line. I think the problem comes from where there's nothing for bluetooth or wifi to connect to as would often be the case when you're playing out.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfree View Post
    Hi again peeps, i used S4 for about 2 months now with my win computer, today i got a MBP But i never used a Mac before, but i got very good computer skills when it comes to win pc's.

So my question is, since i got my first gig with it tomorrow, what should i do to preper for tomorrow? Turn of wifi and BT ofcourse but is there anything else?
    I too am a new MBP user, i just did my first gig with my mac at the weekend and all turned off was blue tooth and wifi and everything was flawless.
    i did a 7 hour gig with the 2011 13" base model. and i had not one issue at all,
    i would however suggest to have all your tunes allalized and well organized before hand to save you time, but also, the day before i did the gig, i transferred over a good amount for songs from my PC and i was using the internet and analizing tracks (almost 5000 tracks-wich took a fair bit of time) on the MBP while quickly jumping trough tracks to refresh the old memory a bit and even then i never had an issue, even with using loops and effects etc i dont think i seen the cpu move over the 5/7% mark. everything was just PERFECT
    but even though it was all good at home, i made sure i had a back up plan with an mp3 player and cds cued up and ready to go on the house system.
    but on a whole, you should be fine and good luck
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Not really, maybe make sure time machine is turned off.
    is it actually enough if i just dont have the backup drive connected?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    is it actually enough if i just dont have the backup drive connected?
    I'm pretty sure that'd be fine.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Wow! Thx for the good posts, yeah gonna sort out my tracks tomorrow. had no time to play with it today. everything seems so nice with this mbp. i was a bit scared that the screen would be to smal with the sample decks and everything, But when i run in full screen its fiiiine

Once again thx fellow dj´s! I tell you guys how it went on friday

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I'm pretty sure that'd be fine.
    yup, turning off wifi does the same with Time Capsule

Tech Mentor

By the way... Is there a way i can connect my Logitech Performance MX mouse directly to the bluetooth? Or do i need to use the usb reciver? Dont want a hub and i need the usb´s for my s4 and ext hd... tried to google it, but with no luck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast