[OT-ish]Too much fighting on the dancefloor!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default [OT-ish]Too much fighting on the dancefloor!

I just read this article:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/04...dy-dancefloor/

And found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Morse
    I’ve DJed at venues where someone’s been shot on the door, where tear gas has been let off on the dancefloor, where a good friend has been put in hospital by thugs who randomly attacked him to “test how good the security are”, where I’ve been threatened in the toilets for not playing the right tune.. the list goes on.
    Phil Morse is badass!

What are your best/worst stories of violence in a club, either as a DJ or a customer?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This breakdancing crew came down to our little party and started forcing people off the dance floor so they could show off. One of them wasn't bad. But we were getting pissed cause, well, this went on for too long and they didn't own the place.

So my buddy walked up to one of them and asked him to stop. He then did a little move and tried to kick my friend in the nuts.

Well, he missed, and my buddy picked the kid up and threw him into a support pole. The guy's two friends jumped my buddy and before I could react my big Dominican martials arts friend had picked them both up and slammed them on the bar. Then security dragged them out. It was nuts.

Oh, and there was the time I had to talk down my 6'8" friend from murdering some guy for harassing his girlfriend. That was a good time.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Where I work two blokes were fighting one then strangled another until he stopped breathing. As soon as he noticed he then began CPR and the bloke came around. He then got up and they started fighting again! MENTAL! :O
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

Quote Originally Posted by The Bong Squad View Post
    Where I work two blokes were fighting one then strangled another until he stopped breathing. As soon as he noticed he then began CPR and the bloke came around. He then got up and they started fighting again! MENTAL! :O
    LMFAO!!!! Nice! That sounds entirely too crazy to actually be true but if it is....it would make for a good "how much of a bad ass I am" story.

"Yea this one time I strangled a guy inconcious just so I can bring him back from death to kick his ass some more!!"
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Mentor

My first show I went to without parents when I was like 13 was to see Too Short and Ice Cube at our local club/theater. 2 people were shot standing in line before the show (but the show must go on). We go inside and there's the standard concert seating bolted to the floor but to sell extra tickets they put in hundreds of folding chairs in any extra space they could find. About 3 songs into Short Dogs set a full scale riot breaks out and people start hurling chairs and going full on WWE smashing people. Too Short had some giant dog bone props on stage that were being broken over peoples heads it was complete madness. Too Short was rushed off the stage and my friend and I jumped in with his entourage and were taken backstage, then promptly thrown out. Got through the riot police and home safe and sound to see my parents watching the whole thing on the news pale as ghosts, "Are you ok?!"

I might be off-topic not really having any stories like that at hand. But that is one thing I value so much about the underground techno scene - it's so peaceful, almost hippie-esque. Awesome. (Comparing to let's say hiphop parties where you can almost bet on at least a little brawl breaking out somewhere)
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

i've seen many huge fights, stabbings, a shooting, overdoses, guns pulled on several occasions... these were all at the one club over the years.

As a consumer…some guido and I (a white guy) had to pull an asian hipster and a black thug off of each other before a fight started in the middle of the dance floor. It was a very diverse affair.

The root of the problem was a house club being overrun hipsters…they don't mix with polite company.

i had been playing a house / top 40 set at a local bar for a while and dropped an oldie (bell biv devoe - poison). as soon as the beat dropped, a fight immediately broke out between some guys over a chick. never thought that would happen.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

A long time ago I was playing at this military base and there was this guy with massive hood up just sitting at the bar for ages (it was quite a chilled out night and most of the people there were just army dudes chilling out, tbh they all looked really similar to me so that's why this guy stood out.

Then this other dude comes in (it later turned out he was actually the bar owner) wearing all black and making some kind of strange noise when he was breathing (seriously, you could hear it over the music and everything). He walks straight over to the guy at the bar and all of a sudden they both whip out these massive glowing swords and start fighting like crazy right in the middle of the dance floor.

Weirest thing was that the guy in black actually killed the guy with the hood, but when his sword thing went through him it was like he just disappeared and his clothes fell on the floor empty. Needless to say, I never played there again.

TROLOLOLOL

trust me to derail my own thread
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast