help me decide what to buy
    Tech Wizard

Default help me decide what to buy

I can't decide between the kontrol s4 or cdj's and i need a bit of help deciding. I have enough for the S4 now but would have to wait a month or two for the cdjs. I mostly play dubstep and electro. please give me some insight.
    Here are a few pros and cons of each:

Kontrol S4:
    I have enough money to buy it now
    I already know and like traktor
    option for vinyl timcode in the future
    Easy to move around

CDJ 850's:
    Industry standard
    more versatile (plays cd's, can be used as a midi controller and can play off hard drive/computer)
    better build quality

Tech Guru

are you guys use the CDJ's to play CD's or time code. Do you already have a mixer. Are you gonna need to be mobile and move either of these.

I think those types of questions is what you need to figure out. I think you can play the same set on either set up and feel great at it.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Honestly I've been toying between the two, and the big kicker for me was/is if you have a computer you would feel comfortable with, then get the S4. If you don't, then get the CDJ's.

Both are going to be great. The CDJ's will probably be more club friendly, but also come with a much higher price tag when you consider the software, audio interface, and decent mixer. The S4 has everything you need to start (and probably more) and you'll get your jive on with it.

It really comes down to if you are willing to pay more to become more club confident now, or if you're willing to pay less to start pushing the edge with controllerism.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

I don't have a mixer but I do have a decent laptop so the S4 is looking better and better. I don't need to be to mobile but it would be nice for it to be easy to move around.
    plus it would be nice to be able to use the S4 as a soundcard for timecode vinyl. I think I will take the S4

S4 have everything to get started, and have room for future adds-on, while CDJ's... well it still only a CD player with features.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Wizard

just bought the S4, can't wait till it gets here.

Good pick. Welcome Aboard!
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter