Financing/Payment Plans for gear?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Financing/Payment Plans for gear?

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this. I know it's not for everyone, but is something I'm actively looking into.

I know GC has a credit card option, but I was just wondering if anyone knew about any legit websites/stores than have some good financing or payment plan options.

I'd mainly be looking toward getting an S4 at this point in time (since I finally got a laptop to go along with it).

ZZsounds perhaps?

Any information would be great. I'd rather not have to wait a couple months to get one if I can figure out some way to finance it now, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

I know it's the best practice to pay cash, but sometimes that isn't a timely option.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've never bought from zzsounds but I have bought from American Musical who have a three or five payment plan with no interest. All purchases have been problem free.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

got my apc40 from Zzounds and it came in perfect condition as was at my house in 2 days. Also you dont have to get approved for the monthly payment but it only works for items 249.99+
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Looks like Zzsounds would have 4 payments of 224.75, and American Musical would have 3 payments of 299.67. Comes out to the same, but AM requires a purchase over 999 for the 5 payment thing.

Looks like I'm most likely going to pull the trigger on one of these in the next couple weeks. If anyone has different suggestions, would love to hear it.

Really wish I could support the DJTT store with this, but this isn't something I want to wait on lol. I WILL be buying the bag though, and I already got a set of TMA-1's from DJTT last Christmas.

Just got the laptop today, which was the reason I've STILL been waiting on getting anything myself. Playing on my friends SCS.3 system, and my buddies 1200 MK5's and Serato just isn't the same as being able to jam on your own.

The only thing now is deciding between the NS7 and the S4. Very different, but man, tough call lol. Looks like the NS7 would be 5 payments of 259.80 so it's still in the ballpark. Money over time isn't the issue, just the money upfront. (Three cheers for working too much)
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I used BillMeLater (Paypal's loan sharking company) for a Technics 1200 through B&H Photo. I do not believe there is a minimum. The contract was 6 months same as cash, followed by a 19% rate (promo). I believe you can use this option for any Paypal purchase. Just make sure you pay the balance off before the term is up or you will get stuck with interest starting from the purchase date.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

I just bought my S4 from Musician's Friend and got it with 12-months, no interest. Great deal!
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

all of the no-interest things hit you with all the accrued interest if you don't pay it off in the allotted time. Some of them have really weird stipulations.

I'd say talk to a bank and see what kind of rate you can get on a credit card if you're going to do it…at least then you can start building your credit score.

And be really weary of high interest rates…I don't think anything is worth paying 20% interest on…it's really ridiculous. Frankly, I think 10% is pushing it.

If my bank changed my credit card to 20%, I'd hire a lawyer long before I'd make another payment. I can't see volunteering to pay that under any circumstances.

Americanmusical.com and sweetwater.com
    Both are no interest, no credit approval, payment plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    all of the no-interest things hit you with all the accrued interest if you don't pay it off in the allotted time. Some of them have really weird stipulations.
    Which is why you just pay it off in time…

I've done it like 3 times with Best Buy, it's the same bank for Musician's Friend. Worked great, didn't pay a dime of interest.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

What I've done in the past (in the UK) is to get a credit card with interest free on new purchases for 3-6 months (depends on deals available).

Buy the item. Make sure your pay off your monthly statement as you'd expect to. Then as soon as your within about 1-2 months of your interest free limit, get another credit card with 0% interest on balance transfers. You can get decent balance transfer deals with interest free for as long as 15 months.

Then, all you need to do is transfer the balance from your first card to the new card, close your initial card's account (as you'll have transferred the balance to the new card, which means paying off the initial card with the new one basically). Then, make sure you pay off your new card within the 0% interest on balance transfer period.

This way, you get a minimum of 18 months and maximum of up to about 27 months interest free to pay for stuff off.

Where there's a will, there's a way!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast