bying a macbook pro advice and feedback needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bying a macbook pro advice and feedback needed

I've bitten the bullet and decided to get a 17" MBP for Djing sometime this summer. I've heard of an issue with one port being better than the other on 15" MBP's and wondered if this the same on the 17" model. I got a lot of the dropout and associated sound problems using aa VCI-100SE (DJTT mapping 3.64) on a Win 7 64bit pc.
    Any advice you guys can give will be most welcome
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

they're not exactly the same, but on mine both work perfectly well for everything.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

My mac is the new 15' and it works perfectly fine regardless of the port and what not. Definitely a good investment, however I don't know if 17' is really necessary. It's rather large.

17" laptops are just a pain, theyre too big. i would really go for the 15" and get the i7.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Seconding the 15 inch... You think you need bigger, but you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePattern View Post
    Seconding the 15 inch... You think you need bigger, but you don't.
    You mean thirding!

ive got the 17" macbook and i love it, they aint that big, or bulky, i used to have an 15.5" acer before and there isnt a great deal of difference. Apart from the macbook is the dogs bollox and the acer wasnt haha.. everyone has there own opinions but people talk about the 17" macbook like its a 42" flatscreen telly or summat lol...
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Honestly, I just bought a 13" and I'm more than happy with it. I'd really suggest getting one of the smaller ones, and if the budget allows, getting a larger screen for home use that's seperate from the computer. That way you have something that's a lot lighter and portable, but when you are home you still have a massive screen.

I've owned a couple really large laptops in the past... and they are just a pain to lug around. It may be what you want though, and I wouldn't knock it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Thank you very much for the replies guys! I have already decided that if I'm going to get an MBP I'm going to go all out on it, the best processor they can offer and a good 89gigs of ram, more than likely I'll remortgage the house to get an SSD in it too. I'm thinking of 17" mainly because I want the extra usb port and I'm a bit spoilt with screen sizes, that said its not going to fit in my UDG Traktor bag is it? grrrrr...
    Are there any sites where I can get useful info on making the most of a macbook with music and DJing? found some bits here on DJTT but mostly its advertising campaigns and keyboard fondlers rather than solid facts and decent tutorials...
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

with a new MBP there's not much you can do to make it more suitable for music. Runs well, just install your software and off you go.

They don't fill them with shitty little background apps like some PC manufacturers *COUGH*VAIO*COUGH* do.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast