bying a macbook pro advice and feedback needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1 on the 15"

I'm loving every single inch of it..
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

and yeh, +1 on the 15" rather than the 17.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Yeah I've had a thing about Vaio's since i tried to sort out a friends vaio laptop, not something I'd touch again!!
    BTW a quick thank you for the everyone's replies and info very much appreciated

http://soundcloud.com/codemorsemusic/trator-time
    feel frre to download
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    +1 on the 15"

I'm loving every single inch of it..
    Sorry couldn't resist. I love that song. ...and the new Macbook Pro 13"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P_zsHqquTE

It won't be different on any of them.

The issue is that the iSight camera, the keyboard, the track pad, and some other stuff are all on one USB port (typically the one closest to the power), which takes power that can't be used for your controllers and interfaces.

That being said, a powered hub fixes everything.

And even with an unpowered hub, I normally run an X1 or 2, an Audio 2 DJ, and an LPD 8 plugged into the same cheap hub. I've run them off the low-power port and not noticed a difference.

It's much ado about nothing unless you're using something really power hungry…like the kind of thing that would come with its own power plug that you don't actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    It won't be different on any of them.

It's much ado about nothing unless you're using something really power hungry…like the kind of thing that would come with its own power plug that you don't actually use.
    well even the vci 100 has a plug adaptor to it, stacking my Terratec DMX6 Fire USB and and external HDD on it worries me though after what I have heard about this USB thing
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

I played at a house party two weeks ago for 4 hours or so and I ran my S4, and Midi Fighter off of my 15' MacBook Pro (2011 model) and had no problems. The s4 was plugged into the closest port as well. It ran fine, and was running off my laptops battery. The laptop itself was not plugged into any power source. I actually DJ'd the entire time with NO connection to any sort of power (although i had the cables incase it was necessary) aside from the MacBooks battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I played at a house party two weeks ago for 4 hours or so and I ran my S4, and Midi Fighter off of my 15' MacBook Pro (2011 model) and had no problems. The s4 was plugged into the closest port as well. It ran fine, and was running off my laptops battery. The laptop itself was not plugged into any power source. I actually DJ'd the entire time with NO connection to any sort of power (although i had the cables incase it was necessary) aside from the MacBooks battery.
    thats pretty amazing... got me all the more excited about getting one now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12