anyone have problems with traktor skipping for no reason?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone have problems with traktor skipping for no reason?

all my stuff is brand new... i feel like there should be NO issues.... i didnt notice this ever the first couple times i used it... but now almost every song i play, randomly skips sometimes it'l skip a couple times in a row.. im really upset by this
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

Tech Guru

What is your latency set to? Maybe try upping it 1 or two notches.

stupid question but how do i do that my latency is at 256 processing is 5.8ms output is 4.4 ms and overall is 10.2ms
    2 x Technics 1210 M5g / Rane TTM 56 / Rokit krk 8's and 10s / Lenovo 15" i7 4gb / Oxygen 8v2 / HDJ-2000 / TSP2 Audio 10

also my traktor automatically loads tracks after one finishes playing... is that normal?

You can turn off the auto load...and look at your CPU usage in the top..is it spiking red? you might have to much processes running. If it's not that then its probably the audio card crapping out.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quick notes

Go through the preferences. There is a "Load Next Track" you can uncheck.

Also, select your Settings for the audiocard and change the numbers so that the latency is higher. Set it to 12ms and if that is good, try lowering it until you start getting clicks and pops. Do this by running as many decks as you would with tons of FX and filters. That way you know what your max load is.

You're on an Audio10, so there should be a "Settings" button in the preferences in Traktor.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

my cpu dosnt peak red. in audio settings i see my latency but when i klick on it it dosnt offer any other settings, i can change sample rate, process buffer and usb buffer.

one more random question i have is, for some reason when i first turn traktor on and play a song, my delay is on. i always have to turn it up and back off real quick... i feel like when i turn traktor on all of my effects should be off until i start turning knobs.

Your CPU doesn't need to be anywhere near red. Changes those individual settings (SR, PB and UB) and your overall latency will go up.

That second problem is strange. Does this happen every time? Do you leave FX on when you turn Traktor off?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

yeah it dose happen everytime... and i have reloaded the custom tsi for my oxygen 8... im i don't usually leave effects on. Is there a certain order i should be turning things off? like first close traktor then turn off my oxygen 8 then unplug my sound card?

No, that shouldn't matter. As a test, backup the TSI and remove all of the lines related to FX. See what happens.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast