MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3 - Page 4

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect!

44 30.14%
  • Pretty Good

52 35.62%
  • Needs Some Work

50 34.25%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    make sure to import the effect settings when you import the tsi (using the large import button on the bottom left of preferences). in some cases you need to do this import twice for the effect settings to load correctly.
    flashflooder, I had imported the tsi file initially by hidding the add then import button under the midi fighter in the controller manager. I made sure the ports for all the decks were set to the midi fighter both in and out.

I then clicked the import button at the bottom left of preferences and loaded them again. This caused my S4 settings to disappear and the S4 stopped working. I closed Traktor and loaded it again and the S4 works but the effects at the top look different (I suppose this is normal).

My questions are:
    1) How do you import midi fighter mappings without erasing S4 settings?
    2) Like others in this thread, the effects aren't as described in the picture for me:

bottom row: left to right:
    Flanger flux - Flanger flux - T3 Delay - LOFI

2nd row from bottom: left to right:
    Delay - delay - delay - delay

3rd row :
    iceverb - beatmasher - filter - gather (shape)

How do I get this to work like it should? Thanks!
    Macbook Pro 15" (2.3 GHz Quad i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD), S4, Maschine, Beat Masher, Cue Master

Guys, if you've changed your mappings for the S4, or you're using other controllers then first use the big export button and save your controller mappings somewhere. Then use the big import button (look in my sig) and import the MF mapping TWICE. Restart Traktor. Then reimport your backed up mappings using add>import instead of the big import button.

If you haven't changed your S4 mapping then you don't need to back up, as unplugging the S4 then plugging it in again should reload the default mapping.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

INDEED!

Use the import button at the left bottom corner of the configuration screen!

If you don't do that, the buttons will map to different effects.

Where can we find more about the reason behind this?

it's because of the order in which settings are imported and applied. The mappings go in before the effects, so if the effects are in the wrong order or not all enabled then different ones apply. Hence the need for a double import, and hence the fact that the other import method doesn't work because it only imports controller mappings.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

In the instant gratification mapping, it's set up so that certain buttons load and activate preset fx.

How do i set, save, and then map to midi my own fx settings?

Hi there, I just bought a MidiFigher off DJTT about two weeks ago and I use it with TS1.2.7

I can't get the mapping to work properly with Deck B.

Have tried numerous times importing using the button below the .tsi twice.
    Imported all settings except GUI layout
    Have set all ports to 'midi fighter'

Deck A works fine as far as I can tell.

Pressing buttons while in Deck B only ever seems to activate Effect Bank 1 FX (when pressing top 4 buttons, and 2 FX on the fourth of these...) but never 3 FX or 4 FX.

So as an example, the row of buttons second from the bottom triggers the beat masher fine when Deck A is in focus but when Deck B is in focus all the buttons do is turn on the FX banks for Deck A and turn off any currently enabled on FX for Deck B. Deck B FX 2,3&4 never get activated.

I've racked my brain, compared mapping parameters from Deck A to B for the same beatmasher functions... man I just don't get what I could be doing wrong and I will go to bed feeling defeated by technology..... ;(

Couldn't be the firmware could it? The MF is only a couple of weeks old...

btw i'm using the MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3 .tsi

read my reply in post 26 of this thread.

Default Ohhhh right.... 'Enable 4 banks mode' is referring to a setting on the MF NOT Traktor

- penny drops -

I had though before 4 banks mode was referring to the # of effect banks enabled in the Traktor settings.

Now I see that not only does Traktor need to be setup for this but also the MF itself via a little on-board hardware mapping config via it's 'Menu mode'.

So then, thanks for the response and for any other N00bs getting frustrated out there read this before asking further....

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9961

Thanks DJTT

For some reason when I use the beatmasher, it holds for 4 bars then appears to move a bar and keeps repeating, I dont know why this is happening its really annoying and Im contemplating going back to the deckalized focus for mashing up.
    MBP 2012, Traktor Scratch Pro, Kontrol X4, 1x Midi Fighters, TR-8

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast