MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3 - Page 5

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect!

44 30.14%
  • Pretty Good

52 35.62%
  • Needs Some Work

50 34.25%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Im loving this mapping to bits, pure madness, it is insane, cant express how sick that shit is, im loving it to bits!
    HOWEVER, i have a few things I need ur help with:

1. second row from the top, far left button: it aint triggering a reverb, but sets a 16 bar loop. How do i get the reverb there?

2. the bank button to store an ongoing effect doesnt work, at least not always. Does it only work on certain FX combos or does it not work on certain FX at all, what the story with that?

3. Id like to have tempo adjustment/-bend options in the first row as well as the possibility to move a loop forward and backwards - if I dont have that option I will still need another controller to do that for me, but Id like to have everything in the MF, could i just manually map that in before i destroy the whole thing?

4. Sometimes the effects just randomly stay on without pressing the bank button. its not a big problem but it seems to be a bug and has the potential to really mess up a drop...anyone a fix?

5. ive heard you guys drop that the FX mapping changes or is not available if i change to external mixing mode is that correct?

6. are there any hints for the other four combos?
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryOne View Post
    Im loving this mapping to bits, pure madness, it is insane, cant express how sick that shit is, im loving it to bits!
    HOWEVER, i have a few things I need ur help with:

1. second row from the top, far left button: it aint triggering a reverb, but sets a 16 bar loop. How do i get the reverb there?

2. the bank button to store an ongoing effect doesnt work, at least not always. Does it only work on certain FX combos or does it not work on certain FX at all, what the story with that?

3. Id like to have tempo adjustment/-bend options in the first row as well as the possibility to move a loop forward and backwards - if I dont have that option I will still need another controller to do that for me, but Id like to have everything in the MF, could i just manually map that in before i destroy the whole thing?

4. Sometimes the effects just randomly stay on without pressing the bank button. its not a big problem but it seems to be a bug and has the potential to really mess up a drop...anyone a fix?

5. ive heard you guys drop that the FX mapping changes or is not available if i change to external mixing mode is that correct?

6. are there any hints for the other four combos?
    Okay, some issues I could resolve myself:
    1. reverb issue, i dont really care too much anymore, but if anyone knows how to do it, just let me know.

2. and 4. Dont need FX staying on anymore i think, but the fact that some FX stay on without wanting them to stay on is a bit weird, then u just have to press the button again to release it, is that a bug?

3. Tempo adjustments are on the bottom row (with shift). The "loop move" function ill try to map into there somewhere, shouldnt be a problem right?

5. and 6. anyone suggestions?

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Mentor

nobody?

Regarding #4, I wonder why only some FX stay on and you have to click them again to release...? Namely both sweeps (second row from top, third button from left and bottom row, third button from the left) as well as all other FX in the bottom row. But again: this only happens sometimes. How can that be fixed?

www.januaryone.dj

I now what you talking about there with the FX, It seems to happen when you hold down certain combos of buttons. I'm trying to figure out what causes it. I dont find it to be a problem because they seem to tune down when you let go
    Dell Inspiron 15r,4 gig ram,720HDDSerato Itch,Pioneer DDJTS1,Pioneer HDJ500
    Ableton Suite ,Akai Apc40,Akai LPD8,LPK25,NI Audio 2
    The Echo Reflex(T.E.RF)http://www.mixcloud.com/TERF/

Tech Mentor

yeah, it aint the biggest issue, but since it doesnt always happen it can be bit bad, if you want to us a sweep and some other FX and then just when the beat drops you wanna let go, but dont know whether one or two FX will still be on or not. can ruin a drop...

www.januaryone.dj

Hey January,

I know that when you hold the shift button and the efx button at the
    same time that holds that effect on until you press the button again.

This works on the deckelized mapping not sure bout IG Mapping as I don't use it

Hope this helps
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Tech Mentor

thanks mate, I know that it should work. funny enough it doesnt work in my case. which is not too much of a problem again, i dont mind really. but during FX combos i never press shift anyway and still it does hold certain FX... thats the problem. and the most fun (...not!) part is that it does that only sometimes, dont know according to which pattern or combo.

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Mentor

Fail on my side, really sorry! was in deckalized + instant grat mapping all the time, fuck im sorry...awkward..!

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Wizard

Default cant switch deck

hey guys i just downloaded the great effekt mapping

it works perfect on on deck a but how do i make it control deck b??

enable 4 banks internal mode.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast