MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3 - Page 10

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect!

44 30.14%
  • Pretty Good

52 35.62%
  • Needs Some Work

50 34.25%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Alright here we go!

As we know, the IG mapping requires 4 FX mode to be enabled. The problem is once 4 FX is enabled you cannot load FX 2 onto Decks A and C and FX 1 onto Decks B and D with the enable buttons on the S4 itself. Looks like the following TSI re-enables this to work with the S4 when in 4 FX mode.
    http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=106

The caveat is the LEDs do not still work properly but the feature works again. By enabling Filter + Key + Gain + Cue + Balance under preferences, mixer will show if the FX is enabled or not.

Quote Originally Posted by letstango View Post
    That's partially true. I noticed that after loading the Instant gratification mapping onto my S4 I can't seem to use both effect trays on a single deck from my S4. Basically, I can only turn effects tray 1 on and off on deck a, but cannot turn effects tray 2 on on it. Similarly, I can turn effects tray 2 on and off on deck b, but cannot turn effects tray 1 on on it.

Quote Originally Posted by letstango View Post
    That's partially true. I noticed that after loading the Instant gratification mapping onto my S4 I can't seem to use both effect trays on a single deck from my S4. Basically, I can only turn effects tray 1 on and off on deck a, but cannot turn effects tray 2 on on it. Similarly, I can turn effects tray 2 on and off on deck b, but cannot turn effects tray 1 on on it.
    I just tested this and I don't have any issue toggling on/off FX Banks 1 or 2 onto any of the decks by using the FX /FX2 buttons under the Gain encoders.

However, I remember this being an issue with the initial S4 software that comes bundled with the S4 controller (i.e., either the FX1 or FX2 activate buttons worked and not both). I'm not sure when this issue was fixed, but it is not present in the latest version of Traktor Pro 2 and I would upgrade your software first to attempt to solve this problem.

If you guys are referring to the inability to activate FX banks 3 and 4 on the S4, that is more of an issue with the design of the S4 and the default mapping.

Lastly, if some of you are noticing the Midi Fighter mapping making it such that you can't put an FX bank on multiple decks at the same time, the reason for this is that the mapping turns the FX banks off all the other decks you are not controlling so that when you activate an effect on the deck selected (indicated by one of the 4 banks mode LEDs), you only hear the effect sound on that deck. Otherwise you would have to remember to turn the FX bank off decks and this would often result in people putting effects on other decks when they don't mean to.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Wizard

I am running Traktor Pro 2.1.1 with a fresh config and it indeed is an issue. Once 4 FX is enabled is when this occurs. This is not related to the Midi Fighter whatsoever. I have verified with five other individuals also running Traktor Pro 2.1.1 this is still an existing issue.

*Also still occurs in the new 2.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    I just tested this and I don't have any issue toggling on/off FX Banks 1 or 2 onto any of the decks by using the FX /FX2 buttons under the Gain encoders.

However, I remember this being an issue with the initial S4 software that comes bundled with the S4 controller (i.e., either the FX1 or FX2 activate buttons worked and not both). I'm not sure when this issue was fixed, but it is not present in the latest version of Traktor Pro 2 and I would upgrade your software first to attempt to solve this problem.

If you guys are referring to the inability to activate FX banks 3 and 4 on the S4, that is more of an issue with the design of the S4 and the default mapping.

Lastly, if some of you are noticing the Midi Fighter mapping making it such that you can't put an FX bank on multiple decks at the same time, the reason for this is that the mapping turns the FX banks off all the other decks you are not controlling so that when you activate an effect on the deck selected (indicated by one of the 4 banks mode LEDs), you only hear the effect sound on that deck. Otherwise you would have to remember to turn the FX bank off decks and this would often result in people putting effects on other decks when they don't mean to.
    Last edited by DavidT; 12-06-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Tech Student

Sorry guys noobie MF user here. I am having the exact same problem Can anyone tell me can i control deck B with this mapping? I can get FX bank 1 on deck B only. I can get all 4 banks to work on deck A. Also I can't get the effects to hold/tail in a deck if i hit one of the top four arcade buttons. I have done everything in the instant grat video step by step, downloaded the latest firmware and installed the midi-fighter utility.
    Thanks in advance guys.
    Edit Report

Tech Wizard

Just a simple question, Please help!
    Does this mapping requires 4 Banks External mode or 4 Banks Internal mode?

I am really new to MIDI Fighter stuff! Thanks in Advance!
    Blog: http://www.abtevrythng.com/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/abtevrythng
    Twitter: abtevrythng
    Own: Korg nanoKontrol, nanoKey, nanoPAD2, Numark Mixtrack
    Work on: Acid Pro, FL Studio, Mixmeister, Traktor, Learning: Ableton Live

I can not download file on my mac, but i can download on my pc any help .

Got it .
    Last edited by deejaygee; 02-26-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    MBP13",TSP,S4,F1,2TT,ABELTON 8 SUITE,PRO TOOLS 9.(Music Is My Solice)

Just digging through the mapping and I noticed that the "Instant Delay T3 Eff Select" entry chooses Beatmasher 2 for it's effect and NOT T3 Delay... Is that intentional?

My apologies if it's in there somewhere - these things are not that readable.

Also; Filter:92 is actually set to Filter and Reverb is Iceverb...

No comment from the mappers?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast