attention unreleased producers!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb attention unreleased producers!!

So i have had, what i think to be, a genius idea!

off the back of a conversation with another user on here i have decided to make use of my juno label management account to help out some of the guys/girls who haven't been released yet.

i'm looking for 5 or 6 people with 1 or 2 tracks each to release on a low price compilation through my label on juno download (link in sig). was thinking doing it all as free releases, juno even recommend this from time to time, but figured the size of the compilation would be taking the piss, lol. Music wise i'm looking for dubstep, breaks or drum and bass. nothing with blatant samples though
    tracks have to wav format, junos rules not mine, and will be converted to other formats at juno end - very handy.

in terms of mastering, would prefer if they can come pre mastered, but will do something to even out levels myself if it's really needed. if tracks can be mastered to around 6dB that would be great (standard for pressing to vinyl if i remember correctly, even though vinyl won't be part of this, but i've always found that has a 'fuller' sound with mp3/wav).

The overall idea is based around promoting YOU and your tracks, gets your name out there and gets you on the juno database ready for releases later in life.
    example; someone like syour track, clicks the button to keep informed of future releases, you have a release on a big name label and that person will be emailed and know about it regardless of any promo stuff.
    As a result there won't be any upfront payouts on this release (info on that kind of thing towards the bottom of this post), but the backend royalties will be a higher percentage than normal

pricing wise i'm thinking 192 mp3; free / 320; 79p / wav; 99p - already checked and i can do this

as an example, you'll see about 22p per wav sale based on that and the following
    a breakdown on monetary distribution by juno to labels/artists (lifted from sales reporting page);
    99p track > 84p sale value > 38p to label > 7p to artist as mechanical royalty
    pay outs every quarter to label if commission is greater than £50 for that quarter

mechs are distributed automatically if the label is registered, i am not. so the mechs go into the quarterly payouts, which i would distribute accordingly + a 40% cut of label comms on each of your personal sales, approx 22p (total - 3 times normal mech rate) on a wav sale based on this structure, with 23p to label (almost 50/50 split). as i mentioned above this is to replace an upfront payment that you'd normally see from a larger label

i personally won't have any releases on it, tbh got a bit bored of production atm and this feels like i'm not wasting my account on juno. but i will put together a promo dj mix (free 192 mp3 only) which will most likely go out the week before, and be part of the overall release.

What will the label (ok, me) be doing with the money it's made? As i mentioned above there won't be any upfront payouts to people based on the nature of this release. But if anyone (from this release) wants to become a regular artist then money from this would be used to organise something like that; upfront payout to buy track along with being sold on a more 'standard' pricing/royalty structure. essentially promo and fundraising for everyone involved.
    Plus i get paid for the stuff i've got to do

If you're interested/know anyone that might be, then drop a comment here, or pm me. Flamers will be met by my foot.

Ideally i'd like to have tracks gathered within the next month (by start of june), with release set for a month later (thinking 4th or 11th july), giving a month for promo bits to be done

promo will be handled through typical channels of today, soundcloud (via your own channel), twitter and facebook (again a joint effort as we mutually benefit from a 50/50 split). plus i'll try to get reviews in djmag/mixmag etc...
    Last edited by BradCee; 05-03-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

lol i like your tags, i'm thinking of compiling some mash-ups and offering them as a .zip free download. Will that be possible on your label?

sounds interesting brad... almost as interesting as your make money - get bitches tag!!

Quote Originally Posted by smashah View Post
    lol i like your tags, i'm thinking of compiling some mash-ups and offering them as a .zip free download. Will that be possible on your label?
    ah, should've specified no samples as can't be arsed with the headache of clearance or anal raping for not bothering, lol

tbh not sure how it would affect things if they were just free with no money made... but don't really wanna take the risk with samples - way too many i can get screwed for already, sorry.

if you have any 'original' pieces though...

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    sounds interesting brad... almost as interesting as your make money - get bitches tag!!
    wanted a 5th tag... *shrug* lol

SoundCloud

ctrld

this might be interesting for my forthcoming EP. I have sampled several movies and game voiceovers though, so in the end I suppose it's gonna be a free release after all. you would have to define "blatant sampling".

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Good idea Brad.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    this might be interesting for my forthcoming EP. I have sampled several movies and game voiceovers though, so in the end I suppose it's gonna be a free release after all. you would have to define "blatant sampling".
    blatant sampling... hmmm... obvious samples from 'big' tracks i guess, sometimes movie stuff can less easy to spot...

to a degree it would be based on how the sample sounds. as an example; my dragonball track is heavily blatant... (and still one of my favorites)

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Good idea Brad.
    i try

SoundCloud

some important edits have been done

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast