DJ interface alternatives
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DJ interface alternatives

Hi,

I'm particularly new here and i'm glad i'm a member of this site now.
    i've learned so much.

i have a noob question. is there any alternative dj interface other than m-audio torq, serato scratch and NI audio dj? would a regular audio interface like m-audio fastrack pro do?

i would really appreacite you spending a little time answering this silly question

A regular interface is fine, just realise that you need the companies personal interface if you wish to use timecode vinyl or timecode cd's.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    A regular interface is fine, just realise that you need the companies personal interface if you wish to use timecode vinyl or timecode cd's.
    Thank you so much Bentosan. i have 2 stanton turntables and rane mixer already, does this mean i'm just going to need the timecoded vinyls and the software?

just realise that you need the companies personal interface if you wish to use timecode vinyl or timecode cd's.
    Thats means you need an Audio8 an Audio 4 or a traktor certified mixer to use Traktor pro with your turntables.

Tech Convert

I see. thanks. i'll start saving up

Tech Wizard

afaik audio4 doesnt work with timecode.... its just the audio 8 or a certified mixer...

Quote Originally Posted by KLOSELINE View Post
    afaik audio4 doesnt work with timecode.... its just the audio 8 or a certified mixer...
    Are you sure about that? i was doing some reading around and everything i have read says it can - it just requires an upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro for Vinyl timecode support.

Are you sure about that? i was doing some reading around and everything i have read says it can - it just requires an upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro for Vinyl timecode support.
    isn't there shortage of ins and outs in case of AUDIO 4? or on the other hand, AUDIO 8 has 4 totaly expendable outs that are not required for DVS setup?

so that means, if i want to have DVS system and i got already classic Fast Track PRO i need just to buy this: http://www.native-instruments.com/in...scratchupgrade ???

assuming that i got it right, plz correct or aprove following:
    Internal mixing will be done with traktor and Fast track pro ins will be used to connect turntables
    External mixing needs 4 channel mixer? or 2 channel will do just fine?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

/BMR291018-7.jpg

Note:

Two Stereo RCA ins for turntables - i.e for Digital Vinyl Control

Two Stereo Outs to mixer, for external mixing if needed.

Headphone jack is assume is an independent stereo-channel for monitoring

if not. you can monitor on an external mixer.

OR

Mix internally, and connect stereo output 1/2 to sound sound system

and connect stereo output 3/4 to headphones (via adaptor) to monitor.

P.S This is all just my musings

Rj

x

Splendid. So Auido8 has two more channels to be used. I will go most likely with the whole Scratch PRO package even though i could try it through my Fast Track. First of, i dont trust Fast Track PRO that it will handle it properly (not with low latency) and i wanted better and more rock solid audio interface anyway.

But can someone inspire me what can i do with those 2 extra stereo channels (assuming i will mix externaly)? Is there some AUDIO 8 user that can share experience?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast