How to setup traktor library. Music mapping problems. HELP!

Default How to setup traktor library. Music mapping problems. HELP!

2 nights ago i had a gig, i turned on my computer and out of no where the playlist i had been building over the last week was half gone. Certain songs didnt show up and if others did they would say that traktor cant locate this file. Then on top of all that different from usual all my songs doubled in bpm which isnt a big deal but i practiced with all them originally and that never happened when i synced them to a deck. So my question is how do i map and save my music correctly what settings can i change to make it so my music always stays in the lower bpms like 70bpm instead of 140bpm and why would traktor be able to find your music the first time but not loacte it the second. Please help!

Things to check

1: Did Traktor shut down properly? The collection.nml file is written every time you exit. If you make a bunch of changes to your collection or a playlist and it crashes, those changes aren't saved.

2: Do you have some type of external storage at home, that you didn't have out with you? Might want to get into the habbit of emulating your "out" setup. Basically unplug everything from the laptop except the power and run Traktor. You can open the collection.nml file and check the location of any files that may or may not be able to be located.

3: Not sure about the BPM thing. It's pretty good with mine, although there is the oddball here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    Things to check

1: Did Traktor shut down properly? The collection.nml file is written every time you exit. If you make a bunch of changes to your collection or a playlist and it crashes, those changes aren't saved.

2: Do you have some type of external storage at home, that you didn't have out with you? Might want to get into the habbit of emulating your "out" setup. Basically unplug everything from the laptop except the power and run Traktor. You can open the collection.nml file and check the location of any files that may or may not be able to be located.

3: Not sure about the BPM thing. It's pretty good with mine, although there is the oddball here and there.

thank you for the help! i dont think weve gotten quite to the bottom of my problem but i will check these things and see if it helps. if anyone has anymore insight please post

If the track shows up in your Traktor library but says it cannot find the file when you select it that indicates the file has been moved to another folder, renamed (outside of tracktor) or deleted. A quick search of the hard disk followed by a consistency check should help you link your Traktor library back to the track (providing you can find it on the file system).

If the track does not show up in the library and you can verify that it's in the same location on your hard disk as before then you might have some corruption in your nml file. The same may well go for any instance where you see the track, can access it, but have lost the metadata (cue points, BPM etc) - Traktor is behaving like it's never seen the track before.

Kiss makes some great points. Everything is written to the nml when Traktor exits, so if your machine crashed/app hung, a USB disk was unplugged, or some other issue arose before Traktor shut down you could have issues.

Where are you storing your collection.nml?
    Where are you storing your music?

Plenty of smarter people on here than me so take it for what its worth...
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

ok i think i fixed all my problems but one last question on bpm, when theyre all detected like a 85bpm comes up as a 170bpm and i know i can go in the grid and cut it in half but is there an easier way to do this so my tracks r automatically scanned it at half the bpm, let me know

In preferences you can choose a minimum and maximum BPM for analysis. So if you have a batch that you know will all be between 115 and 135 (for example), set that before analysing.

Just to check, you are aware that technically, assuming we're talking about dubstep and DnB, 140 and 170 are the correct approximate bpms? I'm sure you have a reason for using half time. It's a debate we have on here at least once a month
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can also right click track collection and select save. This is smart if you're making lots of changes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x