DJIO OSX 10.5.6 Fix
    Tech Guru

Default DJIO OSX 10.5.6 Fix

Below is the fix I achieved for the DJIO with macbook 10.5.6 and TPRO, also using a vci-100. Make sure to read the entire guide before doing anything.

The current fix I achieved was to take a mac osx combo installer for 10.5.5, and then using the program pacifist to take out the IOUSBFAMILY file. I then copied the 10.5.6. version of the IOUSBFAMILY file from the system prefs folder (or wherever it is located originally). Then you do open containing folder on both the 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 versions of IOUSBFAMILY. You take IOUSBLIB.bundle, in plugins and copy the 10.5.6 version into 10.5.5. When I was experimenting I found that IOUSBLIB.bundle from 10.5.5. causes incompatability with the VCI-100, and so I figure will cause issues with other midi controllers. Then copy the modified 10.5.5 version of IOUSBFAMILY.kext onto your desktop.

Before you start this section you need to have a copy of IOUSBFAMILY.kext (from 10.5.6) in a file marking it as such (not the one in system prefs), this is so that if you want to revert back to your original settings you can do so.

Then you use the follow commands to copy the modded IOUSBFAMILY from you desktop into the system prefs properly. (WARNING NOT DOING THESE STEPS AND SIMPLY COPY PASTING IN CAN CAUSE LOSS (temporary) OF ALL USB DEVICES)

Open Terminal and type the following: (WHICH IS Excerpted from a mac forum for rollback to allow iphone jailbreaking link http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/....php?p=1091699)

open terminal, type
    sudo -s
    enter the password
    then enter the following (replace "User" with your username):

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext
    mv /Users/User/Desktop/IOUSBFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions
    sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext
    sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext
    rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Wait a few seconds for the Extensions file to rebuild itself and reboot the machine and you should be good to go.
    (excerpt ends)

Now currently this has made my mac work with DJIO/VCI-100/Traktor 3.4/TPro with 0 problems. The other day I plugged in an ipod and my unit froze, this happened repeatedly so (since I kept a 10.5.6. copy of IOUSBFAMILY) I recovered my system to original 10.5.6 by doing the above but placing the original 10.5.6 folder on the desktop.

The guide above is crude at this point (I feel), so please be vocal if you have problems getting it to work for you and I will try to clarify anything necessary.
    DJ NIKNAK

Default Beta driver for DJIO

Thanks for taking the time to explain how the driver problem can be fixed. As I didn't like to fiddle around with my system / using the terminal (being afraid I would mess up....), I contacted Numark and asked about the status of the driver update. They sent me a beta driver (1.6.6), just installed it, ran Tractor Pro and on first impression the DJIO now works fine. At least it doesn't crash my system straight away. Hopefully this driver will continue to work well. Fingers crossed.

Tech Guru

Thanks for sharing the info, I will definitely try out the compatability of this new driver.
    DJ NIKNAK