VCI-300 Firmware upgrade kit?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default VCI-300 Firmware upgrade kit?

Hi Ean and TT,
    are there any plans are going on a VCI-300 firmware kit?
    I was wondering as it would be great to see one for Traktor Pro
    so the audio meters could work and maybe other functionality?
    Also higher headphone output, if possible?

Also any way to have a virtual soundcard (??) that could have a way to pass audio
    through to virtual soundcard (VCI-300/SL1) on the computer that the software of Itch could be then routed to Ableton Live, etc..

Damn, if someone could hit this, it would be hot...
    seems everyone wants this.

Any thoughts..
    Last edited by claudek; 01-25-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Also any way to have a virtual soundcard (??) that could have a way to pass audio
    through to virtual soundcard (VCI-300/SL1) on the computer that the software of Itch could be then routed to Ableton Live, etc...
    Not exactly sure what you mean by a "virtual sound card" but if you are looking for a way to run your audio out from Itch to Ableton then check out this article:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/04/0...-with-ableton/

I know there are a couple of other articles as well.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Fresh; 01-25-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Tech Guru

Will not work with Serato stuff.

the problem with itch is that you can't choose your audio output routing (which audio device you want to use). so you can only route the audio to the vci-300, not to any virtual sound devices!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Guru

Yes, but I was thinking if there would be a way to make a "virtual VCI-300" soundcard kinda app, that would trick Itch into thinking it that be the VCI-300 and then the "virtual VCI -300", so it could have audio outputs (ASIO) & pass the audio into Live (or other Audio apps) & then the audio out can be routed back to the VCI300.
    Last edited by claudek; 01-26-2009 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    Yes, but I was thinking if there would be a way to make a "virtual VCI-300" soundcard kinda app, that would trick Itch into thinking it that be the VCI-300 and then the "virtual VCI -300", so it could have audio outputs (ASIO) & pass the audio into Live (or other Audio apps) & then the audio out can be routed back to the VCI300.
    JackDmp is open souce, the only thing that could be done is modify the code to trick the application into thinking its a VCI-300 - i dont think this would be an easy job at all.

Tech Guru

No, but if there was an app, it would be big, and if it could work for SL1 and ITch...
    Maybe not easy to hack, but would be mad sweet...

hm... too much work i guess
    i'd rather see tpro 1.0.3 with 14-bit midi come out and have ean make some kind of 1.1 firmware for the vci-300 incorporating hardware-shifts (for layering without those damn modifiers) and some nice and shiny smart knobs/faders/whatever!

that would be grand!!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

If you are using windows, you can fool your software into outputting to one or more devices of your choosing, with asio4all.

nope, you can't... itch comes bundled with the vci-300, there isn't even some option in the preferences where you select your output (and exactly that is the problem)... if there would be that option, then we all wouldn't have any problems and for sure being routing our audio into ableton, traktor or doing some other funky stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast