4/4 tracks w/ an extra measure - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I find alot of tracks are adding extra measures and beats for no apparent reason or breaking the traditional 16/16 or 32/32 measure intros completely ..

Generally I add a marker at breakdown, downbeat and set my cuepoints counting backwards from there using the beatjump so everything stays in time.

Never noticed weird timings ever being an issue when everything was on vinyl (with very few exceptions).

This is something that's been bugging me lately, too. I haven't thought of any solid workaround beyond just knowing every track that I use when playing out and remember to loop any other playing tracks accordingly to compensate for the break.

got a few like that, loop is your friend

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

God damn Chemical Brothers - Electronic Battle Weapon 1.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

got a few like that, loop is your friend
    or one beat jumps if you wanna kick something in on time after the breaks

I HATE that.

i had some tracks i was looking forward to playing and its like 16x4 beats for the intro, then ANOTHER 4 as a SECOND build up right after the first one ENDS.

pisses me off
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    I've added my +1 to the exclusion cue thread on the NI forums for this very reason.
    So I assume it's not in TSP2... I've not upgraded yet. That seems like a nice, fair solution. Basically I could see it fighting in as a special type of queue.

As for the other responses, I'm a minimalist when it comes to actually cocking around w/ this stuff. If possible I like to just throw the tracks on and use the waveforms. Hell, I purposely try to forget my tracks so they're fun the next! Just kidding... but, yeah, I guess I'm irked b/c I don't want more prep work than I have to . That's my main argument against my friends that DJ w/ Live. All that warping -- no thanks!

I find it is usually the size of one extra bar (four beats)

So it doesnt screw your beatmatch, but for sure it screws the measure match, and also (obviously) the phrase match.

SO, I usually have a cue point set there, with a "second drop 1 bar late" in the tracks comment section.

When I have that track layered with one (or more) other tracks, as soon as you hit the beginning of the extra measure click a 4 beat loops on the track that doesnt have the extra bar, and at the same time I usually cut that tracks fader out (for added emphasis on the weird "expirimental" arrangement) then cut the fader back up on the actual drop, and kill the loop.

And now everything is back on measure/phrase match.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12