Shambhala Music Festival - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Festival... so its a hippy event?

I just always asume anything with "festival" attached to it is a hippy jam band deal. Not tha I wouldnt want to go- been to a few raggae "festivals" and they are always good fun.

it attracts a very diverse cross section of your counter coulture usual suspects;
    hippies,ravers,artists,bar-stars,hipsters/club kids,punks/skaters,burn-outs,thugs etc...

in general it's a pretty good crowd!
    Last edited by wrong chris; 01-28-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    Duerr, I'm from a small town of about 1000 people called Kaslo.
    oh kaslo! haha i have some friends from there. maybe you know nate gurley of Nog+Chilly (integrated grime unit) ? he's from there but lives in vancouver now.
    small world!

Tech Guru

I decided last night that I'm going to fly to Canada for Shambhlala in 2010. Going to buy a ticket for it as soon as tickets come online for it (ie in like 6-8 months) :]

Anyone near there who wants to host me for a few days before/after the gig I will happily buy you a ticket ;D ( and any party geometry and green stuff if it can be sourced ;] )
    Last edited by midian; 01-28-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    oh kaslo! haha i have some friends from there. maybe you know nate gurley of Nog+Chilly (integrated grime unit) ? he's from there but lives in vancouver now.
    small world!
    Small world indeed, Nathan babysat me when I was little

I didn't know he was in a group. I remember when he and his friends created a rap group called Reflection In The Current. They made a bunch of tunes and burned them to CDs. From what I can remember they were pretty good.
    Does he DJ in the group?
    Last edited by misha_val; 01-28-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    I decided last night that I'm going to fly to Canada for Shambhlala in 2010. Going to buy a ticket for it as soon as tickets come online for it (ie in like 6-8 months) :]

Anyone near there who wants to host me for a few days before/after the gig I will happily buy you a ticket ;D ( and any party geometry and green stuff if it can be sourced ;] )
    hahaha party geometry! good call i like
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    Small world indeed, Nathan babysat me when I was little

I didn't know he was in a group. I remember when he and his friends created a rap group called Reflection In The Current. They made a bunch of tunes and burned them to CDs. From what I can remember they were pretty good.
    Does he DJ in the group?
    HAHA!!! no way, thats too funny- what a coincidence! ya nate dj's and produces dubstep tunes under the moniker "Nog" ... you can check out some of his work here
    http://www.myspace.com/schooldaysproductions

Last edited by wrong chris; 01-28-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123