Internet DJing

Thread: Internet DJing

Default Internet DJing

Okay so i want to be able to stream a live broadcast of me DJing to a friend in california. I have a Mac desktop at the moment with the leopard system.
    What programs can i get for free to do this?
    Nicecast does not work at all for me, and i do not have windows so i can not use shoutcast et cetera.

tracktor says to use icecast but there is no icecast download for mac ... even on tracktor running on OSX

just use nicecast it works likea charm on OsX

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    just use nicecast it works likea charm on OsX
    i wish, but it doesnt work for me and theres no way to fix it, it says go to LAN settings, and i followed all the directions but it still doesnt work

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

Hello, I a member of a local net radio called SunHole.Net

We are a group of amateur and pro dj's broadcasting our sessions every week, each one from his home or anywhere with an internet connection.
    I have a MacBook Pro and the owner of the web help me to install Nicecast and it works perfectly on OS X (Tiger but I think it must works under Leopard too). Maybe you can send an e-mail to him and leave some questions (sunhole@sunhole.net). His name is Goyo aka Tanin Dj.

http://www.sunhole.net
    Last edited by LastOne; 01-26-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Tech Wizard

i use nicecast without problems on osx 10.5.5. sometimes it takes ages to load the preferences window, but you just have to be patient, after a couple of minutes it shows up

Tech Wizard

stickam is pretty simple, no programs to install, just sign up, hit go-live and select the sound device you want input from.