What's the Best Software to Use/Gig With VCI-100??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's the Best Software to Use/Gig With VCI-100??

Alright, I'm about at my wit's end with Traktor Pro. I don't think I've felt so ripped off with this software that claims itself as a "professional" software. It crashes on me, the song files become corrupted - I can't use this thing on a gig for fear it will simply crash and burn while I'm mixing jams down.

So what do y'all suggest? I'm thinking about Serato, or Virtual DJ, but how do those work with the VCI-100?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

try the deckadance demo. mixxx is a free one. the vci100 with serato wont control all functions, so i would look elsewhere. virtual dj isnt bad
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

I use Dekadance with my VCI-100 with lots of success. However the resolution on the Midi and Pitch is not high enough for fine tuning. The Auto sync does work really well with house, techno and breaks
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

i say go use traktor scratch or traktor 3 if you need more than 2 decks.

Traktor 3 if you have problems with Tpro.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Alright, I'm about at my wit's end with Traktor Pro. I don't think I've felt so ripped off with this software that claims itself as a "professional" software. It crashes on me, the song files become corrupted - I can't use this thing on a gig for fear it will simply crash and burn while I'm mixing jams down.
    I cant see it being Traktors fault, since many (including myself) use it without any problems. I have never had a single problem with crashes, corrupted files etc. There must be something wrong with your setup.

Have you tried installing it on another computer?

Tech Mentor

Yes Traktor Pro is still fairly unstable and at this point should be use as a transition software. I still use traktor 3 because of its stability. I also perform on small gigs with Traktor pro, just to play risky.
    Thank Ya!!!

Tech Wizard

also never had traktor crashed on me, must be your pc config thats conflicting with the software.
    i am not sure what type of computer you are using so it could be good if you tell us a bit more of your computer set up so we can have a broader understanding of what is causing you this problem.

Mmkay,

Compaq Presario C700
    Intel Pentium 2 Core Duo 1.6Gh
    2Gb RAM
    Digital 8 DJ Sound card
    Vestax VCI-100 controller
    Windows 7 beta

I've got all the settings set to minimal CPU load (i.e. no areo, only primary system accessing CPU, etc.)

I just get hiccups here and there. I go to transition to a new song and the play button on the starting deck craps out and I need to jog the turn table to make it play. The screen will sometimes freeze, or the other day it completely crashed making a horrible buzz sound.

I'm deathly afraid to take this thing on the road for gigs if I'm already having these many problems just in practice.

Tech Wizard

Get rid of 7 its a beta version reverse back to xp. it should be more stable, i dont think your system is good enough to handle 7 u should revert to xp pro for more stability and cpu and memory usage.

if u want to keep it then u have to resize your HD and install clean xp pro version on another partition. Do this and let us know how it performs.
    for optimisation on xp check out those two links

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
    http://www.audioforums.com/windows-xp-optimization.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast