Dear Ean. NEW OVERLAYS?? (wtf, man)

Default Dear Ean. NEW OVERLAYS?? (wtf, man)

With All Respect,

Dear Ean,
    I am only one sole member here on these forums, and still a virgin D.J. at that. I bought a VCI-100 after being enlightened by your controllerism concept and teaching ability via your videos. I am now tearing up house parties and such with only a week or so under my belt.
    I am also a college student and on a very tight budget.
    It has been less than a week since I purchased an SE overlay from you, at full price no less, and I was a bit shocked to see the deal on your front page, in lieu of the new overlays for the "final" tsi file being sold.
    It would be hard for me to justify purchasing a new overlay at full price, considering how recent my purchase was.
    I know I'm not the only one with these feelings or in this exact same situation. Is there some sort of special rebate, discount, or exchange us loyal customers could work out with you for the new overlays?

Anyone else here in these forums agree with me?

Can our collective power somehow woo the warm heart of our beloved master, Ean Golden?

Who's with me?

P

Tech Mentor

Good story but here is the bad news. The new overlays were anounced about two weeks ago. Even in the forums there has been conversations between ean and the members about them. I understand the frustration, technology why do you move so fast!! Anyways, just to give you the heads up mr. Ean gives us a lot of clues on future products.
    Thank Ya!!!

These layouts were created for Traktor 3 initially and Traktor Pro enabled new ways of using the controller which called for a new layout. The release of a new Traktor Pro overlay has been known within the community for a while now and has been hinted at since the release of Tpro(not all of the controls relate the what they are currently labeled as) since the mappings have been optimised for Traktor Pro.

Sorry to hear that you drew the short straw by being a new guy who bought an overlay before the sale was announced

You can voice your opinion to service@djtechtools.com (or just mention this thread in this email) to make certain Ean hears your concerns.

Tech Mentor

Alright BentoSan where did you read that corporate memo. I had a feeling you were going to come out with the correct wording.
    Thank Ya!!!

@luv2xra - I got the information like everyone who is on the EG layout mailing list. No coperate memo... infact DJTT isnt even a corperation

wh138707 - Please realise that these new layouts are 8 weeks away from being availible so i personally think its fair to say that we have given a fair ammount of notice about the layout. If you can save up a $3.75 every week between now and when the new layouts come out you will be able to purchase the new layout.

For anyone who isnt signed up to the EG SE email list this is what the email contained

"I hope you are enjoying the new 1_6 mapping!
    As we mentioned last week, there will be some new pro overlays coming out in about 8 weeks that will match the final Traktor Pro VCI-100SE files. So, to clear out stock and raise some money for the next printing we are putting the current overlays on sale for a killer price of $14.99 in the Dj TechTools Web Store. These are perfectly removable, so if you want labels but cant wait 8 weeks then grab these and then replace it with the adjusted pro overlays later.

You can also use the DIY Silver overlays in combination with the black ones to get the pro labels now. Just cut out the section of the silver that you want to re-label and place it right over the black one- it actually looks good and works much better than a sticker.

Post your feedback and bugs
    This file is going to be fine tuned like a Porsche, so get your feedback in here:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2925"

Tech Mentor

haha yeah I know but you sure know how to word things. damn you
    Thank Ya!!!