Deck Copy Autoplay Map, Traktor Pro, VCI-100 - (And Poll)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Deck Copy Autoplay Map, Traktor Pro, VCI-100 - (And Poll)

Hey Everyone,
    Due to the confusion surrounding deck copy autoplay, I'm starting up this thread. First, a poll: Who here using Traktor Pro, when using deck copy, has their target deck start automatically, synced to the source deck a la T3? Ean says it works for him, I know myself and others who are not getting this behavior automatically. So:
    A) Does it work for you or not?
    B) What version of TPro are you using?
    C) What Firmware version are you using?
    D) What operating system?
    E) Which tsi?

Since I can't go without this function, I created a set of commands that works around the issue that I want to share with users who have the problem. The key here is that the commands are set up for when you have "load only to stopped deck" checked in prefs. In the example, I am using the navigation cross with the stock labeling, and assuming there are no modifiers in the tsi attached to any of the buttons that will be used. Since many of you are using Ean's tsi, you would need to take into account any modifiers on the cross already, and tweak the directions below so you don't get conflicts (watch out for loop shortening, regular navigation, etc).

Choose a new modifier that isn't being used yet (a new number - I'll use 7 as an example)

1. Add the modifier#7 command, set it to M7=0, value=1, set it as "hold", midi learn the preview/copy button.
    2. Add duplicate deck A command, assign to B, add M7=1 modifier, set to trigger, midi learn whatever button you want to use.
    3. Add deck focus select command, add M7=1 modifier. Midi learn the same button as in #2, assign to deck B.
    4. Add play/pause command, Midi learn the same button as in #2. Add M7=1 modifier. Assign to deck B, set to direct, value=off.
    5. Add another play/pause command, midi learn the preview/copy button. Add M7=0 modifier. Assign to "focus", set to direct, value=on.
    6. Add a "sync" command (not phase sync), midi learn the preview/copy button again. Add modifier M7=0. Assign to "focus", set to hold.
    7. Make sure "Load only in stopped deck" is checked in prefs.

Rinse and repeat for the other decks. Not the preview/copy button, but the others you want to add.

OK, now hold the preview/copy button down. While holding, press the button that you set to copy to. Release both and press the preview/copy button again quickly to start in sync. These commands work perfectly for me. Let me know how it goes, and if you are still having troubles, post your response!
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-29-2009 at 05:51 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Deck copy works fine for me in TPro (Vista) with my custom mapping and FW1.3 VCI-100. There are no magic tricks in my mapping to accomplish this. Though copying in sync only works for me when the target deck is playing. Oh and if you have the "Only load into stopped deck" option activated, it won't work at all, displaying the usual warning in the track title field.

No - It copies alright, but wont start playing

OSX 10.5

E) What tsi are you using?
    Eans 1.6

Tech Mentor

yes

Windows XP Pro SP2

E) What tsi are you using?
    Eans 1.6

Tech Guru

Default Hallelujah!!

Alright, some intensive troubleshooting shed the light on this. I can't believe it's this simple but it's also weird. Two things:
    1) For deck-copy-autoplay to work as expected, (obviously) "load only to stopped deck" needs to be turned off.
    2) If "stop playback at end of track" is checked, deck-copy-autoplay will not work. It will copy fine, but it will not sync and play.

I'm 99% confident that anyone having the issue has one or both of these options checked. This I would definitely consider a bug. I'll do the usual report to NI.
    -So happy to have it sorted, and thank you guys who posted. Actually, it was really helpful, I saw right away that there was no pattern! The only downside for me is that I really like the extra peace of mind that "load only to stopped" gives. Might keep using my workaround
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Whauuu dude, nice find! I am pretty shure that I have the "stop playback at end of track" checked. Cant check ATM, at work. Will definitly give it a go when I get home later on.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    The only downside for me is that I really like the extra peace of mind that "load only to stopped" gives. Might keep using my workaround
    In my configuration "load only to stopped deck" is ON and deck copy WORKS...
    For the other option, I don't remember, I'll check it this evening...

I can confirm that deck copy-play-sync now works for me with, after uncheking the "stop playback at end of track" . But only if the deck copied to is already running, and therefor it dosent work if the "load only to stopped deck" is cheked!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    But only if the deck copied to is already running, and therefor it dosent work if the "load only to stopped deck" is cheked!
    Oh yes! Now I understand...
    It's obvious that if "load only to stopped deck" is ON you can't copy...
    Don't tell me that all your "deck copy problems" depends on this option...
    If deck is playing and it's locked you can't load and you can't copy on it!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast