Sound only coming from one channel with CDJ 400 in Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Sound only coming from one channel with CDJ 400 in Traktor

Ive got a PC running windows 7 and Traktor LE 1.2.7

Im trying to set up my CDJ 400s to work in HID mode with traktor, sound is working fine, and its playing songs from the PC, its just that sound is coming from one channel. Like if the cross fader on my external A&H Xone 22 mixer goes to left, and I have a left song playing, no sound will come, but if I move the CF to the right, I can hear the left song playing. Same for volume faders. Any idea what's wrong? You can see what the audio device looks like in traktor in the attachment.

Hmmm, odd

Have you got the cross fader assignment set correctly? (each end of teh crossfar are a series of letter (A/B/C/D) As the left deck is Deck A, you need to ensure that the lefthand most end of the CF has A highlighted, same for right deck/deck B

Maybe?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Can you post a picture of your output routing settings? Have you aggregated the soundcards on the 400s and enabled external mixing mode?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

And make sure the pan knob hasn't gotten turned.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Hmmm, odd

Have you got the cross fader assignment set correctly? (each end of teh crossfar are a series of letter (A/B/C/D) As the left deck is Deck A, you need to ensure that the lefthand most end of the CF has A highlighted, same for right deck/deck B

Maybe?
    Yeah I do, the sound is not reversed, both channels are coming out of the one channel.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Can you post a picture of your output routing settings? Have you aggregated the soundcards on the 400s and enabled external mixing mode?
    Yeah its in the attachment there. How would I aggregate the sound card? Im on windows 7 btw.

And make sure the pan knob hasn't gotten turned.
    How would I check that?

Yeh what you've done there is route both decks into one RCA output on one of the CDJs. I don't know much about aggregating sound cards on windows (I'm on a mac), but I think you can do it with ASIO4ALL.

You need to aggregate both to make one virtual sound card which you select as your audio device in Traktor, then you'll have 4 separate mono outs (atm I assume you only have 2 available) which will be the 2 sound cards together.

Assign one deck to each pair and you'll be golden.

and I don't believe the xone 22 has a pan knob so nothing to worry about there.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES