Not a Mix, Just an Original Track I made
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not a Mix, Just an Original Track I made

Last edited by DJ OnDelay; 01-27-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: link didn't work

Tech Guru

hey man, the tracks pretty good, i like it.

couple of things id just say are, maybe in some parts build it up a bit more, so that when the beat kicks back in, it properly kicks back in.
    maybe have the kick a little louder so it properly kicks you in the face.

tom

Thank you for the feedback!! Just a rough draft really.. Still working on using filters and whatnot, so I was definitely going to go back in and re-work it.. Its really only the second song I've ever made, but I like it (some of the arrangement needs to be fixed to in some parts) but overall I'm happy with it.. Much better than my first, the first one was shite! haha

As for the kick, I just got it sidechained so maybe I just need to select a fatter kick, or put 2 kicks together like I did with the snares. But thanks again for the feedback!

Tech Guru

no worries, for a second track its fucking good. ive been doing my own for a few years now, and im still learning man.

either put a fatter kick, or just up the compression on the sidechaining.
    so that the bass dips a bit more and the kick comes through. could also just tweak the eq see if that makes any difference.

if ya got time check out the songs on my myspazz see what you think.
    www.myspace.com/amadeusfoolsgold

easy...

Sweet, EQ made it sound a little wetter and fatter (how I like 'em) .. When you said build it up, watchya mean exactly?? Let the beat back in over longer time, or add some effect type thing??

I like your Simon Says song!! Its sick! did you do the vocals?? Also, what bass did you use?? I like that sound!

Tech Guru

nah i sampled the vocals off pharoahe monch - simon says.
    the bass is from the thor synth in reason, and i messed about with the lfo, and obviously sidechained to hell so you can still here the kick, cause i think i layered about four bass's.
    its a slow attack bass made up of a square wave and saw wave i think. i messed about with the filters too.

when i mean build up, well i like songs where the kick builds up, drops out then the beat comes back in, creates a bit of tension, and when it kicks back in, just gives it that extra something. so each bar say double the time of the kick, then when you think its about to drops, it goes to like a vocal for a bar, then the song properly kicks back in.

easy...

Oooh. gotchya.. I'm actually re-working the song now. I'll put a new link up when I'm done. I'm using fruity loops, and being as I'm new I have yet to find a consistent Bass sound I like, yours is very nice though.
    This is REALLY the sound I'm looking for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj40eWVL1us

But anyway, I dunno if you're familiar with FL Studio at all, but I'm trying to figure out how I can go back and add filters to certain parts for more buildup once I already have a track laid out.

Tech Guru

im not really familiar with it to be honest, i started on cubase, music tastes and ideas changed, and for the past year or so ive solely been using reason. ive had a mess about on fl a couple of times but not enough to know it. wish i could help ya.

best way is just to find a preset you like, and just mess around changing the parameters and stuff, its always a good way to find new interesting sounds.

good luck with it tho, ill make sure i check the song when you put up a new version.

oh and good inspiration track too, deadmau5 is rather good.

safe...

New reworked one will be on here..

http://www.myspace.com/djondelay

I think it flows and sounds better. Also my mixes on the page are pretty good, but I think the other original songs are crap, haha

Anyway, thanks again for your input. I'll friend ya on myspace

Tech Guru

cool cool, ive just uploaded another couple of new ones ive done recently, see what ya think.

always glad to help out.

safe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast