Forever Autumn - Reconstructed [ambient, psy chill, soundtrack]

Wink Forever Autumn - Reconstructed [ambient, psy chill, soundtrack]

Seventy years ago in a Halloween episode of the Mercury Theatre on the Air, Orson

Welles whipped millions of Americans into a martian-crazed panic with his radio play

adaptation of H.G. Wells’ War of the Worlds. You know the story. Those who tuned in

late missed the disclaimer that the program was pure fantasy. A typical evening of

musical programming was suddenly interrupted by “eyewitness news reporting”

describing a Martian invasion that was wreaking devastation in Grovers Mill, New

Jersey (about 22 miles from Trenton). From there the Martians began decimating the

denizens of New York with heat rays and poisonous black smoke. Please hold your

snide remarks. Think people of that bygone era were gullible? Don’t forget with war

on the horizon in Europe, fears of invasion and mass destruction were keeping those

folks up at night. War of the Worlds played on those apprehensions with gleeful

abandon.

This, said Orson Welles, was the “Mercury Theatre’s own radio version of dressing up

in a sheet. . .jumping out of a bush and saying ‘Boo!’ So goodbye everybody, and

remember please for the next day or so the terrible lesson you learned tonight: that

grinning, glowing, globular invader of your living room is an inhabitant of the

pumpkin patch and if your doorbell rings and nobody’s there, that was no Martian,

it’s Halloween.”

Tracks Used:

"War Of The Worlds" Original Radio Broadcast October 30,1938
    "Luciana" by Juno Reactor
    "The Vision" by Elysium
    "2012" by CJ Catalizer
    "Alien Patrol" by The Infinity Project
    "And The Day Turned To Fright - Eat Static Remix" by Shpongle
    "Silver Satellite" by Proton Kinoun
    "Echoes Of An Empty Room" by E-Mantra
    "Frozen Sleep" by Mindsphere

Enjoy,

J

Last edited by Jester; 05-13-2011 at 08:22 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Reconstructed & Re-Upped. Been working on this most of the day with the new audition CS5.5.

Enjoii.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "