2 VCI-300's and Traktor
    Tech Guru

Default 2 VCI-300's and Traktor

I was wondering, do you think it would be possible to hook up : 2 VCI-300's and Traktor / Pro to have some nice 4 deck control /fader combination?

Today, I just ordered a Korg NanoKontrol black, but I was thinking 2 VCI-300's would be perfect for the home. I was thinking it would be pretty bad ass system ..something like below, if ya have da $..

2 Vci-300's/ Traktor Pro and black Korg NanoKontrol on FX, etc.
    Last edited by claudek; 01-28-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I was wondering, do you think it would be possible to hook up : 2 VCI-300's and Traktor / Pro to have some nice 4 deck control /fader combination?

Today, I just ordered a Korg NanoKontrol black, but I was thinking 2 VCI-300's would be perfect for the home. I was thinking it would be pretty bad ass system ..something like below, if ya have da $..

2 Vci-300's/ Traktor Pro and black Korg NanoKontrol on FX, etc.

You have to check the vestax support first, if the midi channels could be different routed. I wanted to order a second Numark Total Control, but the Numark support told me, that the controllers are fixed routed (by the firmware) so if I had taken a second controller, this had only controlled
    the same midi orders as the first one.

Tech Guru

I dunno, I can hook up a Korg Nano ok, so why not a second VCI??..Same would be like 2 VCI-100's too (... I think)..rest would be all needed programming in Traktor Pro.

Yeah you can hook up a second controller - you just need to transpose the midi channel that the unit is sending out onto another channel.

Currently traktor doesnt support 14 bit midi so you need to use the translator that we provide to convert this into 7 bit messages. The second instance of the translator that you need to run would be need to be slightly modifed to send the data onto a second channel - i am quite capable of doing the changes nessicary to the file if it is needed by anyone at any stage.

Tech Student

Default DDJ-T1 + Numark Total Control

Hey, If you can do it, i would love to know. As i would like to use my Total control for a sample deck, and DDJ-T1 for everything else?? Any Idea??

Cheers

david

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdavo View Post
    Hey, If you can do it, i would love to know. As i would like to use my Total control for a sample deck, and DDJ-T1 for everything else?? Any Idea??

Cheers

david
    s they're different units you should be able to separate them using the in/out options in the controller manager - top left of mapping section, and use 'add' option in drop down menu to make a page for each device

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud