VCI-300 Sound Problem with ITCH

Default VCI-300 Sound Problem with ITCH

I just bought a VCI-300, and I am having a few problems. Well, one big problem actually. I've gone through a bunch of threads, and can't find a solution. The problem is that I have no audio coming out of my computers speakers when I'm in PC mode (in Serato ITCH).But as soon as I turn the VCI off, it turns into the "simple" ITCH mode, and I can hear the song fine. It's only when I have full control of the software that I can't hear it. I can hear it when I plug in directly into my amplifier, but there is no sound coming out of the PC. I have an M-Audio fast track pro, but that should not be the problem. I reinstalled everything to do with both of them, and still, nothing. I'm running OSX 10.6.7. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Tech Guru

you won't hear it out of your computer if you have the VCI plugged in. The VCI "activates" the full program and requires the sound to come out of the VCI sound card. You can not use another soundcard to push the full version of Itch.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

^^ what my buddy haze said ^^

Once you plug it in your in full mode which actiavtes the vci's soundcard. Maybe a solution is some small powered pc speakers. Either that or use headphones and turn the knob to hear the mix rather than the cue.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

So in that case, I just have to plug the controller directly into the external card. No chance on just having the sound come out of the computer I guess. Seems odd, but I'll just have to live with it. thanks for all the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by max2584 View Post
    So in that case, I just have to plug the controller directly into the external card. No chance on just having the sound come out of the computer I guess. Seems odd, but I'll just have to live with it. thanks for all the help guys.
    tbh it ain't that odd. The soundcard in the itch is designed to playout high quality two channel audio at low latency the one on your laptop isn't ... if you've got the itch unit plugged in, why would you want to use the laptop speakers?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

No doubt. All hooked up now. Running it through the TS master jack inputs on the M-Audio Card. Works like a charm. Thanks again for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by max2584 View Post
    So in that case, I just have to plug the controller directly into the external card.
    EDIT: Got in too late on this one!

no, you need to plug the controller directly into your amp/speakers. The Fast track Pro will have nothing to do with it. You want to be using the VCI's built in sound card.

Sorry if I misunderstood.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

^ this. Just plug speakers into the VCI. It has a sound card.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Soundcard into a soundcard ftw
    SC | MC

Yeah, I understand how running a sound card to a sound card would seem like a dumb idea, but it gives me the option to reroute it and use effects on the decks using live or other software. This delays the spending of a $250 vfx-1 for the time being.