Question about recording a mix in traktor pro 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Question about recording a mix in traktor pro 2

What's the longest amount of time your can record a set in traktor 2

Not sure if I'm right in saying this (as I've never gone silly long) but I think it simply depends on your hard drive.

You can choose to split the recording at segments from 650mb up to 2gb. When it gets to that file size, it simply stops and starts a new recording for the next segment. Therefore, I believe (and may be wrong) it simply keep rolling until your hard drive is full.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Yes - and the 2GB limit is down to the .wav format I believe
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 05-12-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Last time I was playing it stop at like 49 mins, I usually like to do about 1hr 20min set at home, Is there a way to let keep recording in till you stop it?

Tech Convert

Does traktor pro 2 now allow you to record in mp3 192kps for example is is still that ridiculous wav only recording?

1. Preferences
    2. Mix Recorder
    3. Change default 640 to 2048MB in dropdown
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Does traktor pro 2 now allow you to record in mp3 192kps for example is is still that ridiculous wav only recording?
    WAV - why 'riduculous'?
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Wav only - just use audacity to convert it, it's free and dead easy.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

+1 for JB's comments.

Change it to 2gb and it'll keep going, just that you then need to slice wav yourself if you wanna put them on CDs (hence why you get the 650mb option).

WHy is .wav only option ridiculous? It's one of, and some would argue "the" best audio format. Personally I'd rather get it in best format possible and then re-encode down if I wanted to. Much better than settin it at mp3 192kbps to save space, only to find you did a killer mix and it's in pap quality and nothing you can do about it!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by hgonzal214 View Post
    Last time I was playing it stop at like 49 mins, I usually like to do about 1hr 20min set at home, Is there a way to let keep recording in till you stop it?
    Only thing I can think of is that either your hard drive is full, or the file was split into two chunks as described, and you only found one of them.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast