Stand-Alone Jog Wheel(s)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stand-Alone Jog Wheel(s)?

Does any manufacturer make a stand-alone jog wheel unit?

What I'd like to see is a simple unit, about 6" x 4" x 1" containing one 2" or 3" jog wheel and 4 or 6 buttons for selecting which track to control, etc. And LIGHTED somehow! No frills, low-cost, and a welcome addition to my X-Session Pro!

Tech Wizard

Not quite just a jog wheel and not quite cheap, but there's XP10:

http://eks.fi/product.php?p=products&id=2

Also, there's the Griffin Powermate... I don't know how useful it would be as a jog wheel, but it looks cool:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate

Default Re

I would realy like a stand alone jog, just as you say thats all i need. Wel now you have the EKS XP5(http://eks.fi/product.php?p=products&id=31), if you are from the US they are 140 $ but in europe they are 180€. so 100€ in us and 180 € in europe. 100€ is a neet price, but 180 € not really. What they say about them is that the jog works ok but the buttons are terrible, and the build quallity. You could use the CDJ 400 but the price and the responce of the jog what i seen ( in Midi) kinda sux.Its to sencible. I dont know why you cant adjust that to a whole scale, but only to a certain degre. Same on the VCI 100.So we have to wait a bit more i think.

Any other jogs out there people?
    I like the griffin anyone tryed it?

Hey the Griffin looks pretty sweet! I guess you could assign some keyboard keys to do the switching... Or we could petition them to make one with a few buttons!

You could also look for the Contour Shuttle Xpress

It only costs 59 euros.

(This was the combination I was looking for, X Session Pro with Contour Shuttle Xpress, when I first started looking at a MIDI setup that would fill my needs.)
    Last edited by tekki; 04-03-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: clearity. ;)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Only 60eur in Europe or US? That is a neat price.

I use the Griffin Powermate along with my VCI. Very good little device to control software knobs and scroll through file lists. The blue LED light under the knob is very bright and cool to use as a flashlite because it comes with an extension usb cord. Use the lite to set up your laptop rig in the dark or flip though your vinyl. Of course, to have the lite on, you have to have it connected to your powered up laptop.

how are the xp10's live. I would love to get them for my all midi dj set up

Tech Mentor

i have a pair of xp10s and they would work perfectly with the x-session.

however to use them how they were really designed would be to get a proper mixer as each xp10 unit features a soundcard and thus u can just treat them like decks and feed them into a mixer channel each.

im not sure, but i think the xp5s dont have the sound cards.

i have been really pleased with the xp10s and the resistance on the jogs is really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    Only 60eur in Europe or US? That is a neat price.
    Only 60 euros in Europe. (@feedback, a store in the Netherlands, though you might be able to find it cheaper in Germany.

The Griffin is also a nice alternative being fitted with nice LEDlight.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast