Ableton 8 beta
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ableton 8 beta

Default Ableton 8 beta

Abletons site says only live 7 users can download and test the beta version of ableton live 8... just wondering if anyone here has tryed it yet and what they think about it. I only have live 6 at the moment lol

I don't think there are enough added bells and whistles to warrant an update . What got me with seven was the sidechaining and drumracks . But I think I'll wait till nine to bother with an update

I got 7 after the deadline, i'll be upgrading gratas!
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Nice one Moniker!

Can't wait to try the new beatgridding/warping engine and the new groove engine.
    "don't think there are enough added bells and whistles to warrant an update" he, darrel855, says... :eek:
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Nice one Moniker!

Can't wait to try the new beatgridding/warping engine and the new groove engine.
    "don't think there are enough added bells and whistles to warrant an update" he, darrel855, says... :eek:
    Sorry I still don't see enough new stuff for me to upgrade . I mean the warp engine upgrade is nice and all but I don't have trouble with the existing one . It's not like this update is really ableton 8 it's more like 7.1 or 7.2 . All I'm saying is I really want to feel like I get my moneys worth when I upgrade a software like this .

That's where you and I differ.

For me the 8 is earned. Calling it 7.x would mean too little changes to me thus not doing it justice.
    Than again, that is just based on the vids.
    I still need to use it myself before passing proper judgement.

By the way, versioning based on personal preference on older engines still working fine, that would be a no no.
    Last edited by tekki; 01-28-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

But the operator update looks sick . I don't know what I would do without operator and massive

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

+1 for operator & massive what a combo, cant wait to try the new operator out!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by catnapslap View Post
    Abletons site says only live 7 users can download and test the beta version of ableton live 8... just wondering if anyone here has tryed it yet and what they think about it. I only have live 6 at the moment lol
    I just tried to get beta, i am a 7 suite owner (long-term user)

We're sorry, this round of Live 8 beta testing is closed.

Please try again during the next round of beta testing.
    bummer

Looper looks interesting as does the vocoder, and I like the new workflow features - crossfades in arrange view

take a break ProTools!

Quote Originally Posted by mtvstinks View Post
    I just tried to get beta, i am a 7 suite owner (long-term user)

We're sorry, this round of Live 8 beta testing is closed.

Please try again during the next round of beta testing.
    bummer

Looper looks interesting as does the vocoder, and I like the new workflow features - crossfades in arrange view

take a break ProTools!
    Damn man you're still usin PT . I got annoyed with it like 2 years ago and went full on with Ableton and couldn't ever see myself goin back . How's PT workin with NI stuff these days?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast