*HELP* Mapping Work-Arounds?
    Tech Wizard

Default *HELP* Mapping Work-Arounds?

It seems that the discussion of an external editor has died in the forums and as of late I have been trying to create a rather complex mapping for a touchOSC layout I have made.

While it would be wonderful to use the channel swapper in Traktor Tools, I use TPro 1.2.7 and it doesn't work for the new tsi's.

Is there any way to duplicate all my mapping for different decks on different channels?

I have created my controler to send the same notes on different channels for the same commands. All I would need to do is just copy the commands, change the deck focus and the channel for decks AB and CD.

I am probably going to be disapointed by the answer since I couldn't seem to find a way except to just sit down and spend the time to duplicate all the commands.

If anyone else is interested to start a petition to NI or another thread about the lack of tsi manipulation I would be so down.

I'm tired of not being able to fully view my tsi!
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP
    NI Kontrol S4 + 2 MFClassics + 1 MFSpectra

Why don't you use 'Deck Focus', make a mapping for A, then duplicate it for B C & D?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Why don't you use 'Deck Focus', make a mapping for A, then duplicate it for B C & D?
    Does this work even if all of them are receiving from the same controller?

I have touchOSC on one phone... thus one input and output

i have two identical pages and have mapped the buttons in touchOSC to send the same notes just on different channels. Each page controls two decks.

I have completed one page's full mapping.

all i theoretically would need to do is change the channels and deck focus for the whole page's mapping. Thus my frustrations with the lack of an external editor. Something like an excel spreadsheet would be great so you could perform batch operations on a mapping like I want to do. A simple replace command would be all I need. Create two mappings, one for A&B one for C&D. Since I have C&D done, edit it batch like I said save as another and boom. You have your mapping done right there for 4 decks off of two all from one controller.

bummer huh?
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP

@hawaiiboy - can you send a midi control when changing a page in TouchOSC
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

If the Pages buttons that you tap in TouchOSC can send a note this is what I'd do:

- In touchOSC, clone a page to make 2 pages with identical buttons and midi cc numbers. Label the pages A/B and C/D

- Create a mapping, label it DECK A or whatever

- Set Deck Focus for the mapping to DECK A at the top of the controlloer manager

- Have a modifier M1 mapped to the A/B button in TouchOSC so that when it is pressed M1 is set direct to 1

- Do your mapping fully for deck A only with all the deck commands set to Deck Focus and only working when M1=1 (and the page is active)

- Assuming the buttons to deck B are identical to deck A, then you can just duplicate the mapping label it DECK B, set the Deck Focus to B and learn/change the commands to the controls of that side of the screen in TouchOSC

- Now duplicate the DECK A mapping and call it DECK C. Duplicate the DECK B mapping and call it DECK D. Change the Deck Focus to C and D respectively. Change the button in each mapping that changes M1=1 to the C/D button in Touch OSC

You are done.

Alternatively, if the page buttons in touchOSC can't send MIDI too, then you could create an A/B C/D toggle and just have one page.

If you need to make small changes, you can just add the commands to each mapping individually. If you make large ones, make them to Deck A and then repeat the rest of the process.

The reason this works is that modifiers are local to each mapping rather than global so by changing the page you want to control you are triggering M1=1 in a different pair of mappings which 'activates' them seperately.

Hope this helps, any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 05-15-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Thanks!!! I totally get what your going for. You can make a button to be on each page so that when you do tab through pages it sends a midi note. I have been working with that as a hidden shift button actually, so you and I are spot on.

I actually went through and did the mapping individually on decks AB.

It was a pain but that duplicate button was a charm!

All I have left now is to set up my multifunction buttons and their shift functions.

I am still working out on how I want to do this though. Maybe you (or someone else could help out)

I have included photos of my controller so you can see what I am working with here:

I am thinking that each deck gets a single modifier, triggered by a single shift button that cycles through states 0-2. then do a fifth modifier as a hidden shift for deleting cue points only. So many times I will accidently delete a cue point on my MF going all nuts and stuff so I want a hidden shift button.

Since each multifunction button will have three states I want the bank of 8 buttons to be:
    for deck A
    Cues m1=0
    Loop (1-4, 6, 7)/Move (5,8) m1=1
    Mash(5-8)/FX(1-4) m1=2

to delete cues m1=0 and m5=1

In addition to this I wanted to use my cup cue and play buttons on m=1 as loop in/out & activate, so that is simple too.

Do you think this is a logical (as in Traktor Logic) way to acomplish my goals?
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP

Tech Wizard

@lethal_pizzle dang! You are a mapping genius! I have done Lot of the mapping and it is up under the mappings page now. I ended up just duplicating all the commands. I have multifunction buttons and while your method would work, I use a single modifier per deck to select layers. In addition to that I have a global shift modifier on m5. That leaves me three more modifiers and one is used for browse shift only so two.

Each deck can go through m=0-2 with a single button, to engage the m=3 you use that fifth modifier to enter juggle mode. I essentially duplicating the MF on my multifunction buttons with 4 layers to them, and shift functions on all the layers.

If you could check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks!
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP