UC 33-e
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UC 33-e

Default UC 33-e

Right, well for ages and ages i've wanted a Kontrol X1, but i've just seen a UC-33e for cheap on gumtree and its started my mind boggling as to what to do with it, it seems a very good buy, cheap because the USB port on it is broken but comes with a Midi to USB cable and a 9v power supply, but i want to ask everyones opinions on it.

Is it a good piece of kit, and if you use it with Traktor what to you map it for? I have an external mixer and a Nocturn, and much as I want an X1 this is seeming like a very interesting wee piece of equipment! I dont want to make an impulse buy and purchase something I wont use properly though, so i want the forums opinions.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It's an amazing piece of kit. Both controllers differ quite a bit mainly because the UC has only 10 buttons you can map, so it really depends on what are you planning on using it and what function does the nocturn take in your setup.

Well obviously i need it for effects and for transport, but i'm unsure of how i would map them together, i like to use the effect combo of iceverb reverb and peak filter that was shown on the homepage a while back, and also i use filters quite a bit, but that amount of faders when i already have an external mixer kind of scares me, that amount of knobs also, i wouldnt know where to begin mapping the thing!
    i could control parameters that i've never even considered before, or the knobs could just lie there unused, i'm really unsure but i dont want to hang about and miss a bargain if i decide that the UC33e is what i want!

Ableton ting brooooo

Quote Originally Posted by plw1993 View Post
    Well obviously i need it for effects and for transport, but i'm unsure of how i would map them together, i like to use the effect combo of iceverb reverb and peak filter that was shown on the homepage a while back, and also i use filters quite a bit, but that amount of faders when i already have an external mixer kind of scares me, that amount of knobs also, i wouldnt know where to begin mapping the thing!
    i could control parameters that i've never even considered before, or the knobs could just lie there unused, i'm really unsure but i dont want to hang about and miss a bargain if i decide that the UC33e is what i want!
    With the ammount of buttons to map you would get basic transport control or would be forced to map it as deck focus, so on this aspect the X1 seems to fill the shoes better. On the other hand, the UC is FX junkie heaven. Unused knobs are superknobs waiting to be mapped
    Last edited by padi_04; 05-16-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Buy it. Now, before someone else snaps it up.

I LOVE my UC-33e.

Tech Guru

love mine. excellent for traktor

Right, nocturn for Transport and UC-33e for effects, sorted!

The UC-33e is a beast man, iv got myn mapped for 4 deck internal mixing and filters and FX, then TouchOSC on my phone for everything else!

I have loads of trouble mapping the buttons though they all dont seem to work as you would expect? Mite be myn though, it has seen better days lol the screen on myn doesnt work anymore.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    The UC-33e is a beast man, iv got myn mapped for 4 deck internal mixing and filters and FX, then TouchOSC on my phone for everything else!

I have loads of trouble mapping the buttons though they all dont seem to work as you would expect? Mite be myn though, it has seen better days lol the screen on myn doesnt work anymore.
    Changing their behavior in Enigma to hold should leave it ready for trouble free mapping in Traktor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast