Whats Your Most Remembered Festival Moment.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Whats Your Most Remembered Festival Moment.

Its all most festival season again, and I thought it would be fun to start a thread, sharing our most remembered festival moments.

My most remembered moment is when I went to global gathering i think it was 08 or 09. We done the 2 day camping. on the second day all feeling a bit worst for ware, my m8s dared me to do a bungee jump so me being the fool i am happily agreed.

So I went up in this crane thing, and got all strapped up then as I looked down, a little something I had taking earlier hit me like a sledge hammer. All of a sudden the bloke started counting down 3-2-1. I thought oh well what the hell and jumped.

What a buzz, the only thing is when I sprang back up I grabbed hold of the rope and then slid right down it getting rope burn on both my hands arms legs and neck. My m8s where in bulk laughing but then sensibly took me to the medical tent. where I then spent an hour getting my burns tended to.

From the medical tent we came across the after shock tent which had jaccuzi in it, so of came the bandages and we all jumped in, only to be joined by 3 of the hottest lap dances who all took their tops of. We sat in there till sun came down listening to some banging tunes and I felt like Hugh Heffner. What a day.

hahaha nice.

So many festival moments to choose from... Best ever was probably not a moment, more of a 36 hour funfest at glastonbury '09, starting with bruce springsteen on the pyramid stage which was followed by a huge night in the Dome tent in Shangri-La listening to DnB and watching animated robots do keepy-ups on massive cube shaped screens (seemed amazing at the time). Left at about 6 with some people I'd met that night and went to the stone circle to watch the sun rise, then without sleeping went off and had a great day with my now girlfriend, culminating in what Damon Albarn described as the best gig Blur ever played.

Got home, slept for about 2 days straight. The kicker? All my uni mates who hadn't come along managed to pick up swine flu while I was away
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

sounds wicked Bruce Springsteens a legend. Ive never been to Glasto so want to tough.

I've been to V festival twice, leeds once, reading twice, Hyde Park Calling once, O2 wireless once and glasto once, and glasto was about as good as the rest of them put together.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

No way man never been to rock festival always just been dance.

I didn't really get properly into EDM of any kind until the end of my teens. I was always a massive indie fan. Still am to an extent, but only during the day time... at night the EDM demon within rears its head!

Been to loads of festivals in the UK, but never elsewhere. Been to Reading, Leeds, Creamfields, Oxygen, Glastonbury, V, but I very rarely go near dance tents.

My most remembered moments tend to be for the music. Like 2pm in the afternoon in Reading 1999 dragging my mates to watch an unknown band play in what was about the 3/4th stage of the festival who I'd read were meant to be awesome. My mates grudgignly came along. One of the best gigs I have ever seen and completely taken by surprise by how awesome a live band they were. My mates were all converted too, along with a small crowd of about 150 people. The band were a pretty raw and undiscovered Muse pre-first album and playing songs like Muscle Museum, Showbiz and Sunburn.

Another was in Leeds 2001 I think. Had been smoking all afternoon with my mates and bunch of people from Oz and NZ, which lead onto playing strip poker. With some very, very stunning Oz girls! Once that was over, headed down to the festival arena to watch some bands. On the way, one of my mates slipped at the top of a big hill where floods were washing loads of mud down a hill like a muddy water slide. Down he went to crash into a fence at the bottom before flipping over it into nettles and thorns! We thought it was amusing and fun looking though, so we (along with the pretty much naked apart from a thong Oz girls) slid down the muddy water slide deciding it was a quicker way to get to the bottom. The Oz girls in nothing but thongs then started mud wrestling at the bottom of the hill. THE. BEST. THING. I. HAVE. EVER SEEN! Got to the band arena and then watched Slipknot (who are not my thing at all but were completely insane as were the crowd), followed by Prodigy who were amazing and had a laser show as well as music and then followed by the Foo Fighters who were the headliners. That was a very good day.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Gibby Haynes pulling out a shotgun and firing blanks off mid set at the first Lollapalooza, was pretty cool since I was front row.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

" On the way, one of my mates slipped at the top of a big hill where floods were washing loads of mud down a hill like a muddy water slide. Down he went to crash into a fence at the bottom before flipping over it into nettles and thorns! We thought it was amusing and fun looking though, so we (along with the pretty much naked apart from a thong Oz girls) slid down the muddy water slide deciding it was a quicker way to get to the bottom. The Oz girls in nothing but thongs then started mud wrestling at the bottom of the hill. THE. BEST. THING. I. HAVE. EVER SEEN! "

Ha thats well funny plus Muse are wicked.

Andy C at WEMF 2008. Hands down one of the best performances I've seen (and I've seen him spin a few times). That's when a LOT of great DnB was just being put out by RAM and his set was so bloody intense.

Ended with a sunrise in the middle of the Canadian wilderness, fog and mountains and clouds. Beautiful.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast