Korg Kaoss Pad 3..worth it?
    Tech Guru

Default Korg Kaoss Pad 3..worth it?

Hi,
    anyone have any experience or likes on the Korg Kaoss Pad 3?
    I was thinking of maybe getting one and use as an insert with my dj mixer, but they are not cheap. I wanted to use with Itch and my VCI-300. I tried the KP Mini and it was cheap and low volume on the outputs.

well, i can't speak for the KP3 as i only have got a KP2 - but if you want to use it for FX with itch then you should be aware that you can't assign the FX to a specific channel, just to the master signal... that's a big letdown IMO...
    you could however use it as a midi-device (i should've bought the KP3 instead of the KP2, because the KP2 only lets you use the touchpad via midi, KP3 gives a few more controls), but i think it's basically pointless as it's too expensive to just use it for midi...
    so the KP's are IMO pointless with your setup, i rarely touch mine...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

they're fun....you need a dj mixer with an fx loop to really get a good sound out of it
    Thanks,

Marco
    www.speakerfreaker.com
    downtempo goodness
    -------------------------
    2x Technics SL1200 MK2
    Pioneer DJM 3000
    Apple Macbook(OS/X 10.4)
    Traktor 3.2
    FinalScratch2

Tech Guru

cool to know. seems the effects are deep.
    I have a Pioneer djm-600..

Hey have the same question about that set up.
    I was wondering if anyone could mention any set up that would work for different channel effects with vci 300?
    IF korg not good what is good?
    thank

Tech Guru

Problem is VCI-300 and Itch is one stereo mix. Effects would have to be only on that..sux..

Tech Wizard

As above...Great if you are running your outs to a separate channel on a mixer with fx loop, but way to expensive if you can only use it on the master.
    Also the sampler is crap unless your only using it for 1 shots....again a waste if you can only use it on the master...

oki so how would you run vci 300 to separate channels.
    Is there a way?

Tech Wizard

Not real familiar with ITCH but the VCI-300 only has one set of L/R outputs yeah? so it would be imposable to do it using the sound card on the hardware unless you outputed each channel as MONO (again not sure if ITCH even supports this) Ie. deck A to the L output and deck B to R output then to your mixer....only other way i can think of is to use another sound card that has 2 sets of outputs

what about the two different outputs?
    there is master out 1 and master out 2...
    That whould be crazy if they could provide some maping for that or something
    Or rather come up with some effects in serato would be nice that i dont have to get any other effect controlls...
    Needs effects