Launchpad with Itch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Launchpad with Itch?

Is this possible?

Just asking as I'm likely to buy the Twitch in a month to 6 weeks upon it's release and going to try Itch. Just wondering if I can map the Launchpad to use with Itch. Never used and don't know much about Serato products hence the noob question, sorry!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Unless things have changed recently then the only way you could do it is to map some keyboard shortcuts to it.

There is no midi-mapping in Itch.

Like I say unless things have changed - but I don't think they have.
    SC | MC

Tech Mentor

no midi mapping seems so odd to me, if it has been implemented it would be easy to do

Tech Guru

Nicky H is correct.

Currently there is NO midi mapping in Itch. That is what the platform is based on. 1:1 streamlined process. However, the dev team has posted on the Serato forum mapping in future versions is being considered.

As of right now, only what your keyboard can do. and Twitch can probably do all of that.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

It's so you can only use Itch certified hardware i think

edit: beat me to it
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

also to add. Once the Bridge comes Itch...I would think you would be able to use it and do some damage with it. You'll need ableton though.

Already have Ableton Suite 8

So, even though Twitch is a MIDI device, as is the VCI-300, so obviously connects to Itch via MIDI signals, there is no way to MIDI map other devices to Itch? I find that a bit odd.

Obviously Itch can understand, send and use MIDI signals, hence the other MIDI devices that are usable. Or is it more that there's no functionality to custom map anything in Itch and you're stuck with their mapping or nothing?

Or is that maybe the device needs a firmware, or such like, that Itch recognises and authorises for access in some way?! If so, could firmwares for other devices (or whatever this 'autorisation' thing is) be tweaked by clever people?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Or is that maybe the device needs a firmware, or such like, that Itch recognises and authorises for access in some way?!
    This...

If you had another midi device connected at the same time sending the same notes/cc's it may work, not sure - but what would be the point as it would just replicate the buttons on your Itch controller..

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    If so, could firmwares for other devices (or whatever this 'autorisation' thing is) be tweaked by clever people?
    Possible I suppose, but Itch 'looks' for something in the hardware so it wouldn't be easy..
    SC | MC

The hardware is the software dongle. And mapping the hardware is problematic, the knobs and platters are high resolution for no stepping and I think with the platters they either use nrpns or multiple cc numbers for one platter.

Tech Guru

Ok I'll explain Itch a bit.

Itch was designed to replicate two CDJ's and two deck mixer or two turntable and a battle mixer. Remember this is made by Serato and Itch was the answer to provide a portable solution where you could just plug in and play as if you were on real hardware. Think VCI-300 and NS7 here. When Itch first came out it didn't even have Sync OR Effects. Two decks, EQ, Cue Points and AWESOME jog wheel response (best on the market).

Itch works same as SSL. In SSL you plug in your Rane card and it works. Itch only "turns on" once you plug in one of its controllers. It's meant to provide a streamlined 1:1 mapping and workflow that enhances the user experience. And it really does. The controllers are top notch and the clean workflows are just "fun". Hard to explain - but it causes you to be a bit more involved even though you can do less. Also to add Itch's beatgrids are warpable/flexible and are MUCH better than traktors current system. The library management is also easier - no need for the collection.

So now enter the Twitch. Itch's answer to contollerism and WAY different than anything currently in their line up. One downfall they have is that as they add features they need to add hardware and that gets costly. When Itch introduced effects you had to guy buy an effects controller that "turned on" the effects in Itch. But, I think as 2.0 moves forward (by Q3 2011) and they continue to add features like SSL's sampler the SP-6 they are going to have to open up midi mapping for certain things. Video and The Bridge are also on the horizon and folks won't continue to buy more hardware just for features.

It's a cool software, just kinda young and designed to be used differenty than Traktor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast