Few issues with Hot Cues and Ratings..
    Tech Convert

Default Few issues with Hot Cues and Ratings..

Hi, while organizing my music in Traktor Pro 2, I keep running into small issues that are quite annoying, and was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or if there were others that have similar problem..

I have a S4 with Traktor Pro 2, running on a windows 7 laptop.

I set Hot Cues as I go through my music initially, but when I make another change to the track, sometimes Hot Cues are lost afterwards. For example, After setting Hot Cues, if I put anything on the comment section while the track is still loaded, Hot Cues disappear. - So I make sure to unload them and make comments, but is this normal? -

Another example, which was more painful, is that after I ran key detection throughout my collection, about 1/4th of my collection randomly lost all their Hot Cues..

Same sort of thing happens with Ratings, though more commonly - which gets quite annoying. I set the ratings in the Traktor as I go through my tracks the first time, but if I close the program and reopen it, some ratings are randomly gone. Same even happens when I switch folders and comeback.

I was just wondering if there would be a way to make sure that Hot Cues and Ratings are saved after I set them. I know there's a Lock button for thr Grid, and wonder if there's a way to do the same for Hot Cues and Ratings..

I don't have much experience with the program, so I might be completely missing something.. I would appreciate any advice,

Thanks,

I've never experienced that... what file format are you using? mp3?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

My first guess is that you don't have write permissions on certain folders which contain some of your music files.

Never had a similar issue either. Try to force write the ID3-tags everytime you change something on your files. The Apply (?) button in a track's detail view should do so

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Have you imported the tracks in question to the track collection or are you working off the iTunes node?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

loading the tracks into a deck stores them in the collection automatically doesn't it?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by kreativiTit View Post
    Try to force write the ID3-tags everytime you change something on your files. The Apply (?) button in a track's detail view should do so
    I hope there's a better way.. doing that for hundreds of tracks would take a long time..

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Have you imported the tracks in question to the track collection or are you working off the iTunes node?
    I'm not using iTunes right now, just doing everything in Traktor.

The way I brought files into the collection was selecting the parent directory of where my music is (mp3s) and choosing 'Import to Collection.' After I import new tracks to the collection, I select 'Check Consistency' then analyze new tracks.
    But I mainly work under Explorer view, under individual folders that I have sorted in a certain way. I think I did have the same issue when working under playlists though.

Quote Originally Posted by sktsage View Post
    I hope there's a better way.. doing that for hundreds of tracks would take a long time..
    Well, you could select them all and then click on one and chose "Edit". It should apply your changes to all of them then. I would also quickly have a look at the Browser's Status Bar to see if any errors pop up when you apply ID3 changes