Safe to record a 4 hour mix through traktor live?
    Tech Mentor

Default Safe to record a 4 hour mix through traktor live?

Hey DJTT bros, I have a gig tomorrow and I was going to record the whole thing in Traktor on the fly. I have done hour long mixes at home plenty of times, but never one as long as I want to do here. My question is is it safe to record my entire mix while playing it out live? I wasn't sure if it might cause some system instability or cpu problems, I would rather just not record it at all if it was gonna cause any embarrassing drop outs etc.

I'm recording on the max size in Traktor which is 2048mb, and I'm running a partitioned install of Windows 7 with Traktor Pro 2 being the only other program on the drive. I haven't had any crashes or anything before, just wanted to know if anyone else has attempted this and what results they got.

Thanks so much!

Short answer: yes

However i'm not sure if 2048 is actually 4 hours or not .. worst come to worst you may have to tack a bit on the end.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

It's like 3hours
    Fell asleep once and ended up eating like 6gigs on accident =p long nights mixing when dead tired....
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

All it means is that it'll cut the mix at 2048mb and then start a new 2048mb file. So, you will have the entire 4 hours recorded but it will be spanned ove two files, which you can then merge easily using any DAW.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

nice, thanks for the responses

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    It's like 3hours
    Fell asleep once and ended up eating like 6gigs on accident =p long nights mixing when dead tired....
    you fell asleep while mixing? hopefully not in front of a crowd
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst