Someone please help!

Default Someone please help!

ok i have a gig tomorrow and i decided that i was going to put the SE overlay on today and i think it was a mistake because i am really a noob at this. there are a few questions i have that i hope someone can answer. using the 1.6 tsi...

the scratch joggle button doesn't seem to work. when i put it on joggle all it does is slow down or speed up the song when i move the job wheel. it doesn't jump to a cue point like i believe it's supposed to.

the FX really confuses me because i don't understand what deck C is supposed to be. Is that supposed to a master? should i always leave it on deck c?

oh and in the effects chain all that came up when i started TP was beatmasher no other effects. what other effects am i supposed to put in and in what order? and how come the right side only has one option and the left side has 3? in TP.

thanks for your help. as i said i am a noob!

after version 1_3 I started deviating from the overlay (which was designed for Traktor 3) and developing new functions that dont match the overlay.

so in order to understand 1_6 you need to carefully read the email that was sent with it and look at the pictures in that email. They explain everything.

hey thanks for the response. i did read it and i guess i understand the FX more now after seeing the picture that was attached.

but the scratch juggle button doesn't seem to work as labeled and i didn't notice anything about that in the the email.

also what fx are you using and in what order? thanks

i love this layout and can't wait to experiment more with it but there is one thing i kind of missed. the deck copy button replaces the preview. is it possible to switch that back? thanks again

What's your firmware version?

Here's how to find out:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1457

i have firmware version 1.2

ok i had my gig last night it was a nightmare! there are 2 main problems i am having. now i never used to have any of these problems before i started using traktor pro (used to use traktor 3.4.) or before i put the 1.6 midimappings in.

problem number 1:

the audio will drop out if i touch anything on the vci. it happens randomly but enough to really piss me off. it got so bad i basically had to stop using the vci after a while.

problem number 2:

the sync feature seems to be working differently in TP. i guess it's by design but it really sucks. example: i am playing a song that is 103 bpm. i put a song that is 105 bpm on. i try to sync the 105 to 103 and then magically it goes to 93! then when i move the fader back to the middle it is at 96. makes no sense to me. then i read that now you have to use the master button so i tried that. seems to work a little better but i still have to push the sync button a couple times for it to work. problem is i have to turn the master button every time i load a new track or else everything gets messed up. that is so stupid. is there something i am missing? why is this happening to me!!!!

also i am using a new macbook pro. 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo. 2gb 1067 mhz ddr3. os x 10.5.6. and i have given the max amount of ram cache to each deck. 512 per deck i believe. i have wifi turned off when i dj and don't run any other programs.