Twitch + controller with Jog wheels?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Twitch + controller with Jog wheels?

So like many other people on these forums, I am intrigued by the new Twitch controller that is going to be out soon. Right now I have a Vestax Spin but I dont really use the jog wheels much except for searching through tracks, although I still occasionally like to scratch for fun. If I end up buying the Twitch I will also probably buy Traktor and was wondering if it would be possible to have both the Twitch and my Spin connected and mapped to Traktor.

The Spin being able to scratch if needed or just for extra effects.

I have almost no experience with Traktor so sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks!

Tech Guru

I would think there are better set-ups than two full controllers. Maybe add a Denon SC2000
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Yes you can have as many controllers as you have hands, feet and USB ports
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

so could I have the Traktor mapping for the Twitch controller and have pretty much any buttons or knobs on the spin be mapped to anything i want?

Tech Wizard

Would this setup also work with ITCH?

ITCH would only recognize the ITCH certified controller, in this case, the TWITCH. Traktor you can have crazy stuff going on MIDI wise however, as many buttons, knobs, and jogs as you can fit on a table.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

so for someone who doesnt want to focus on scratching, would you suggest traktor over itch?

Traktor have more to offer than Itch. FXs, compatibility with external hardware, features etc.

Scratch will work on both, some says it works better on Traktor after having tried on Serato/Itch. But this I can't say anything on, I don't scratch.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Traktor is more advanced then Itch it virtually every way. This can be both a positive and negative. If you are new to digital DJing - whether scratching is a focus for you or not - Itch will be much easier for you.

Probably the most concisely that question has ever been answered on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by riotto View Post
    Would this setup also work with ITCH?
    This has been answered in detail in my recent thread about using the Launchpad with Itch.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast