VCI-100 SE popping noise

Default VCI-100 SE popping noise

Hi all.

I have a VCI-100 SE, Traktor Pro, on a Windows 7 laptop.

Everything seems to work great except when I turn on/off juggle mode, there is a popping noise over the speakers. Not when I start juggling, just when I turn on the mode.
    Another button that causes it is the Shift/Exit button (not when I combine it with anything, just when I tap it by itself)

No other buttons or functions seem to have this problem. I tried using an AC adapter, figuring maybe the controller wasn't getting enough power over USB, but it's still happening.

Any ideas?

Anyone?
    I've got just about everything disabled on this laptop: wifi/ethernet drivers, sound card drivers, ACPI, video card.

Tech Mentor

I had the same issue. There was a modded tsi that someone made thats somewhere here on the forums that fixed the issue, the popping is caused by the LED signal if I remember right. Also when I upgraded to TP2 the problem disappeared.

is it your own mapping?
    what do you have going on with the LEDs?
    theres an issue with the way windows handles the messages, so if thats your problem, maybe someone can link the thread with the workaround that another member (his name escapes me) made?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

You're on TPro1? Search the VCI forum, there is a fix. TPro 2 should fix it too.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try Dew's beta program http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17497 From what I've read though it's not needed with TP2
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Once DJTT releases a VCI-100 mapping for TP2, I'll pick that up for sure.

In the meantime, I'll try that beta program out, but in my first attempt, all it did was mess up my button mappings.

Did someone say they knew about a patched mapping file that fixes this issue? Made by a user or something?

You can cure popping problems by disabling MIDI out, it's all on the VCI sub-forum so I don't intend trawling through it myself and would direct you to the existing threads there.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud