Generic modding tips. - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

POTENTIOMETERS AND SLIDERS.

If you are modding gamepads/joysticks, then you want to choose 10K LINEAR POTS.

When wiring the pots the most common way of doing it is to connect the 5v to one of the outside terminals. The 0v would then connect to the other outside terminal. The variable voltage would normally be the centre connection, commonly known as the wiper.

HEALTH AND SAFETY

Health and safety, the bit where everyone moans and feels like they are being treated like 5 year olds. Trust me, this kind of stuff has its dangers. If you do not know what you are doing - ASK. The chances are that you will be dealing with power tools, soldering irons and/or electricity at some point. These are not thing to be fucked around with. Worst case scenario - Death or permanent injury.

Please be as safe as you can. If you feel like you are rushing things for whatever reason, STOP and ask yourself if what you are doing is really worth loosing an eye for. If you are pushing yourself too far, too fast, then you're probably not in the right mindset to be working. Stop for a bit, get a cup of tea (or coffee if you're from the States ) chill out and go back to it later.

The other side of the coin is you will be working with materials that will cost you money. If you are rushing things, you WILL fuck up, meaning it WILL cost you more money.

Seriously, if anyone else feels like putting something on here, then please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    How to hard wire led buttons. An image tells a thousand words.

You can normally pick up a 5V supply directly from your usb port connection and from memory (correct me if I'm wrong here folks) the resistor should be about 330 ohms.
    Not sure if questions are needed in this awesome idea of thread of tips and tutorials, but the diagram shows the LED and says it connects to the 5v of the USB. How would you connect multiple LEDs on devices where you may have, for example, as many as 16+ of them?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Personally, I have connected 7 leds to one resistor which was placed at the start of the 5v circuit. The way I see it, is every time you add more resistance to the circuit, you lower the voltage.

Dude update your first post so it's a link to each image/article. Browsing through a large thread to find the bit of info you're looking for is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Dude update your first post so it's a link to each image/article. Browsing through a large thread to find the bit of info you're looking for is lame.
    Only 2 pages so far. You really that lazy?

Though, I think it may be an idea to have a directory on the OP linking to the specific posts within the thread if this thread fully takes off (as I hope it will!).
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

I'm just thinking that in a year this thread will be a huge mess.

If you check the first link in my sig, you'll see a thread that links to other useful threads on djtt so I think the way that archies is doing this thread is fine.

But a wiki would probably be much better.. at least that way the useful information wouldn't get lost among all the replies...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I second the wiki idea.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast