Generic modding tips. - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Starting_an_article"]Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Nah, start an actual wiki rather than a article on wikipedia. I doubt you'll manage to avoid deletion on wikipedia anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    How to hard wire led buttons. An image tells a thousand words.

You can normally pick up a 5V supply directly from your usb port connection and from memory (correct me if I'm wrong here folks) the resistor should be about 330 ohms.
    i did this "collage" but actually my gamepad has different connections...

the resistor is connected to the (-) -> (+5v) and not the way arround... i don't know why... but it is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Not sure if questions are needed in this awesome idea of thread of tips and tutorials, but the diagram shows the LED and says it connects to the 5v of the USB. How would you connect multiple LEDs on devices where you may have, for example, as many as 16+ of them?
    my controller has about 40 LEDS and two gamepads, and all are working...

you just need to connect all of them together in a mesh...

Quote Originally Posted by fbonito View Post
    i did this "collage" but actually my gamepad has different connections...

the resistor is connected to the (-) -> (+5v) and not the way arround... i don't know why... but it is what it is...
    I gave you the original drawing on your build log thread but it seems to have disappeared, that's why I used your one. I should have checked it. I'm working away from home at the moment, I'll post the correct one with it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    I gave you the original drawing on your build log thread but it seems to have disappeared, that's why I used your one. I should have checked it. I'm working away from home at the moment, I'll post the correct one with it when I get home.
    no no...

the drawing is correct...

that's the way to do it... i'm just saying that my gamepad, for reasons that i don't understand, works the other way around... when it comes to led, the + are the -

no no...

the drawing is correct...

that's the way to do it... i'm just saying that my gamepad, for reasons that i don't understand, works the other way around... when it comes to led, the + are the -
    lol

Sorry, it's late, I've had a couple of Guinness.......

my controller has about 40 LEDS and two gamepads, and all are working...

you just need to connect all of them together in a mesh...
    How did you connect the LEDs?

I'm hoping to make two controllers. One with a numpad mod for cue points and want the LEDs to come on when buttons are depressed. The other a more midifighter-style effects controller with knobs etc too. Both will be small-ish controllers with 4x4 grids of buttons (though second one with have knobs and/or faders).

So, how do I wire the LEDs to get them to come on when buttons are depressed? Do I need to wire each LED to the button directly, including the resistor?
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    How did you connect the LEDs?

I'm hoping to make two controllers. One with a numpad mod for cue points and want the LEDs to come on when buttons are depressed. The other a more midifighter-style effects controller with knobs etc too. Both will be small-ish controllers with 4x4 grids of buttons (though second one with have knobs and/or faders).

So, how do I wire the LEDs to get them to come on when buttons are depressed? Do I need to wire each LED to the button directly, including the resistor?

i dind't understand the question...

do you want the leds to light when depressed? so when you are not pressing the buttons they lighted?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast