[Traktor Mapping Questions] Mapping Global Controls in Focused TSIs
    Tech Wizard

Default [Traktor Mapping Questions] Mapping Global Controls in Focused TSIs

So I have been contemplating using the deck focus mapping option, ie: something similar to the MF mapping using 4 mappings for 4 separate decks.

My reasoning for this is to have 8 modifiers for each deck instead of 8 for all four. Now this mapping is for a touchOSC 4ch mixer. This being said I do have global commands I want available to me.

My Question:
    What do I do about global commands I need mapped when I have four separate TSIs, one for each deck?

Do I map them to just one of the decks, maybe all of them? Do I make a fifth, global TSI?

Thanks for the help! I really am at a loss for what to do about this. This is something I want answered before I decide to create a new mapping for something that is still in beta... LOL
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP
    NI Kontrol S4 + 2 MFClassics + 1 MFSpectra

It may depend if those global commands have any impact on all your other mappings?
    No: you can either do a separate tsi or just include those in one of the existing mapping
    yes: you'll have to duplicate those within each one of your mapping

Tech Wizard

thank you that helps alot

it also makes sense... lol

I have both some that do affect each deck and some that don't so it will have to be a combo of them all sort of. It also depends on how many modifiers I end up using to do all this stuff. If have 2 free modifiers on a page i could just include them on one of the deck focus mappings (which would be awesome).

Thanks again for the help!
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP

Juts a tip if you didn't think about it yet, depending on your mappings you may find interest in not using all 8 modifiers and instead take advantage of each modifier's range of values from 0 to 7, that could free some modifiers if you're a bit 'restrained'.

Tech Wizard

I have definetly taken that into account. I have already implemented that for my current mapping.

I am just debating on some other stuff.
    DJ ADub
    Traktor Pro 2 on a MBP