Graddo cans?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graddo cans?

Default Graddo cans?

Anyone used a pair of these? Just curious if they are good or all hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

You mean Grado?

Are they good? As vague as that question is for an entire brand of headphones I'll go ahead and say yes, it is one of the more highly regarded brands out there.

Would I use any of their models for DJing? Probably not.

If you want to learn more I'd recommend taking a look around http://www.head-fi.org/

I don't really like the idea of buying anything that people rave on about. I find it generally means you're goin to get ripped off.

Always do your research

Senns 25s? People rave for them and I can vouch for them.

I think general public you shouldn't listen to "skull candies man!"... but most people on forums are pretty clued up.

Grados are really good. However I'm going to say that personally I find them better for rock and instrumental music. I wouldn't use them for monitors, producing or for electro etc.

Oh yeah you do the research and then you discover that all the senny hype is totally deserved.

Still when I did get my hands on some sennys I was shocked by how bad the quality was. Every DJ I know bangs on about how nice they sound and they really didn't live up to it. Still awesome cans.

Sennheisers didn't live up to the hype? Which ones?

I was anything but disappointed with my HD-25s. 280s kinda suck IMHO.

Tech Wizard

I spend 42 bucks or something on my HD205s. They're awesome fore the price.

The hd25s. The sound quality wasn't as good as everyone made them out to be, nor was the isolation. Though that could just be because everyone made them out to be godlike.

What don't you like about the hd280s? I think they are quality (providing you're not trying to the one ear on one ear off thing, then it gets a bit tricky.)

Tech Mentor

Excellent quality and very detailed sound but they are open cans, so forget about isolation - the SR-80 is a very good choice for listening to music and even some monitoring but it is certainly not a can for DJ booth!

Yeah I love my SR-80s, and they are very reasonably priced. The 60s are even cheaper. Sure Grado has some stupidly overpriced cans ($1000? please...), but you can't go wrong with their lower end. Open style though as erpi points out; not for DJing and not really for production either unless you want to hear what things sound like without blotting out background noise. (I actually find that quite useful, so these are great coupled with a pair with good isolation).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast