Need advice on what equipment to buy - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    That sounds like an ideal selection of music for clubs to me. Behringer has a fairly poor reputation and bpm detector things are lame ( ) so I'd probably go for the numark m4 if you were after an entry level 3 channel mixer. Why do you want a 3 channel mixer anyway? You're not going to be able to beat match 3 decks when you start and most people tend not to use more than 2 decks. I could be wrong but I don't think most clubs have 3 CDJs in one booth either.

I'm just playing devils advocate, do whatever you want bro.
    I thought the 3rd one was for a mic? And I'm not looking for something entry level more mid-range. That other one looks good though

Most mixers have a separate little mic channel so you don't need to get a 3 channel mixer for the mic. The VMX certainly is entry level and I doubt it'd be too long before it broke.

what about something like the Ecler NUO 2.0?

That thing has got some excellent reviews and generally looks really nice and I've heard nothing but good things about it. No effects though, if that's important to you...

I'd certainly buy it if I didn't really want something with an inbuilt DVS sound card. Wish they did it in all black though. :P

It definitely looks good, and the reviews are great. For now I don't really need effects since I'm still a beginner and If I do want stuff like sampling and other effects later they can be added later with more hardware. And not to be bombarding you with questions but is the pioneer CDJ-400 really worth it? I was also looking at the dns-3500 and it has some good reviews, and IIRC denon makes decent stuff

I don't care for the 400 or pioneer gear in general as you know. I can't say I know much about the dns-3500 but that thing is like 6 years old? I dunno how CDJs really work but I like to believe there is something a bit newer that's on par for less more or maybe is the same price and does more.

Where were you gunna buy it? I doubt they make them any more.

Amazon.com or something, nowhere close to me

I didn't think there would be any left in the shops. It's a pretty old product.

theres the s3700 they look ok too
    and they are newer. BTW what do you use?

super oem turntables, crappy numark mixer, audio 4 dj, xwax dvs.

They they look really cool. Wouldn't it better to get something with a stationary platter though so you're used to any you use in clubs? I dunno tbh I've never used CDJs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast