[OT] Speakers on a plane
    Tech Wizard

Default [OT] Speakers on a plane

Hey whats up fellow Djs. I am traveling out of the country tomorrow and I decided to pack my Numark Mixtrack and most of my DJ stuff just in case something pops up. I also have a Behringer B208D speaker, relatively small compared to other speakers. I was wondering if I can take it as carry-on inside a small duffel bag or if it's even allowed due to the magnets inside the the speakers and it interfering with the communications of the plane?

Thanks in advance.
    Just a broke college student trying to pay my way through college by Djing

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSpekz View Post
    Hey whats up fellow Djs. I am traveling out of the country tomorrow and I decided to pack my Numark Mixtrack and most of my DJ stuff just in case something pops up. I also have a Behringer B208D speaker, relatively small compared to other speakers. I was wondering if I can take it as carry-on inside a small duffel bag or if it's even allowed due to the magnets inside the the speakers and it interfering with the communications of the plane?

Thanks in advance.
    i get to see a lot of the stuff that TSA takes and dumps first hand, and I've honestly never seen a speaker...or anything from the firearms section of this site, but take a read.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

(i'm assuming you're traveling out through the US, most places that have flights that come here follow our rules or are stricter, best of luck)

but how many people travel speakers?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

Thanks diegodangers. Checked out the site and didn't see anything that said speakers are not allowed. So I guess its all good. My bags are packed already so no turning back
    Just a broke college student trying to pay my way through college by Djing

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    but how many people travel speakers?
    man, you'd be AMAZED at what people try taking on a plane. a few days ago I saw a brand new chain saw....as a carry on. i've never personally seen a speaker, but my shop is pretty far from the terminals, I'll ask a TSA agent tomorrow if they've ever seen it.

replaces snakes with speakers here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bGv6Ijf1aU
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.