Magazines - Are they worth it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    All the computer music mags with masterclasses are effin awesome - learnt soooo much watching those videos !
    Yeah I've been watching a fair few of those when I can find them on youtube. Figure the magazine subscription for the masterclasses alone is pretty much worth it.

And one thing to consider as well, if you get a subscription, it's MUCH cheaper than just the cover price.

Going to pull the trigger on Computer Music Mag fairly soon. Still on the edge about Future Music, might pick up a couple single ones before I decide to get that in addition to CMM.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I have a subscription to Computer Music and I love it. Not only does it provide indepth info on genre specific tricks, it has music theory (which I know nothing about). The tutorials are good too. One thing that has been brought up is things are repeated. I tracked down Computer Music Special 42 - Make Dance Music. The section on house is identical to Computer Music 144 - The Essential Guide to House music.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Best thing about physical magazines instead of website articles and questionable PDFs:

reading on the toilet
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Best thing about physical magazines instead of website articles and questionable PDFs:

reading on the toilet

Lol guess what book I keep in my toilet

"Reason 5 power!" , great read!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

add mixmag, djmag and remix to that list also...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Student

Ive subscribed to computer music for a good few years and future music for this year and agree with most of the comments on here...

Both great mags on the whoile - the videos in CM are awesome and sometimes you get some killer software and stuff to bolster your sample library.

I have to say that after a few years of CM Im getting a bit tired of the format / info. It does start to repeat. But if you haven't ever bought it before then its 100% worthwhile.

Future music seems to have more interviews with producers rather than just tutorials which is keeping it fresher for me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12